Quantcast

2008 Harley-Davidson Softail

!!! 2008 Harley-Davidson FLSTN Softail Deluxe 105th Anniversary Edition One owner !!!

For sale is a 2008 Harley-Davidson FLSTN, 105th Anniversary edition Softail Nostalgia edition. The bike is a numbered limited edition that is # 1158 of 2500 one owner well maintained and just serviced including rear tire, rear brakes and new battery. All service records are included- 1000 mile check up, 5000 mile check up and 10,000 mile completed by H-D dealer. Last service done at 9180 miles, so there is less than 1000 miles on rear tire and brakes. Engine oil, Trans oil and Primary oils were just changed.The Softail comes standard with the "B" engine, Harley-Davidson’s Softail models are an entirely different animal. The engine in this chassis is the TC-96B (Twin Cam – 96 cubic inches, Balanced). Although this engine shares pistons, cylinders, heads and connecting rods with other TC-96 mill, the feel of the powertrain is significantly different when compared to other Harley-Davidson models. The difference is evident right at idle because even though the engine is bolted directly to the frame (no rubber mounts or linkages), there is minimal vibration.In comparison, the TC-96 shakes back and forth when idling, reminiscent of a paint mixer at your local home improvement store. The "B" engine appears instead to be sitting calmly in the Softail chassis. A quick touch of the rider controls will confirm this, yielding almost no significant feeling of vibration.So where is all the shaking going? The counterbalancer weights rotate in their bearings in the opposite direction of the crankshaft’s rotation, and at the same speed as the crankshaft. The Motor Company engineers use two smaller weights equidistant from the crankshaft to eliminate any secondary vibration that might come from a singular weight that was mounted farther away from the crankshaft. This bike comes with add on options including the detachable windshield, custom front and rear floorboards, wide whitewall tires and the detachable rear seat rest. The rear seat rest on this bike is very limited production with the correct 105th anniversary emblem. The bike also has the smooth front and rear rims, that do not include the extra "step" in the rim for a smooth look. The Nostalgia edition is designed by H-D as a throwback look. The bike runs and rides like well maintained bike should. There are no issues with the bike and all of the options work. There is a proximity alarm on the bike that works just like a cars alarm, that sets itself when you walk away with the key fob, two key fobs are included. The bike has never been dropped or wrecked in any way. VIN- 1hd1jd5428y****** ; If you have any questions please ask- [email protected] ; $6500.00

post-1770-0-67880700-1360411657_thumb.jpg

post-1770-0-58333600-1360411667_thumb.jpg

post-1770-0-46626400-1360411676_thumb.jpg

post-1770-0-10681600-1360411685_thumb.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Xov
      Just received delivery of a 2024 AMP Pro.  Thought I'd start a thread with my impressions as I use it and learn more.  There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of real-world usage information out there on this model.  Hope this will help others as they research.
      Intended Use Cases
      Fire mitigation / slash removal from a 5 acre forested and well-gamble-oaked property.  The previous owners thought as much about fire mitigation as I do about fashion: not much. Snow removal Stump pulling General hauling (rock, lumber, etc.) Weimaraner energy depletion.  Wasn't an original use case, but a nice added bonus.  Experiences So Far
      Wasn't impressed that two of the bumpers on the underside of the bed where it sits upon the frame were missing.  The metal on metal contact has damaged the powder coating and the frame.  I expect a little better QC.
      I've only put a few hours on it, so not a ton to report on usage.  It isn't quiet; it's silent.  I can't even detect an electric note from the motor. I removed (and subsequently replaced) the motor cover noticed that the motor is German and made by Schambuller.  The motor controller is Italian and made by Dana TM4.  Given the operating specs of both I found on the web, I suspect both are higher quality than the previous Navitas (which is supposed to be decent).  The motor is rated at 25 hp and 71.5 lb-ft of torque.  It feels very powerful.  All the torque is delivered instantly, if desired.
      The bed is huge and has an electric dump as standard.  Great feature but would like it to go up a bit more.  Probably not feasible from an engineering perspective, but I want and I need ;).
      Power steering is nice, but vague.  Probably common to many UTVs, but I am accustomed to more direct results from input.  Plan early and plan often.
      In our first full day of usage, we hauled about 1/2 as much slash as the entire rest of the year when I was doing it by hand cart.  I may get fatter, but I'll also get more done.  After a few days of usage, the battery meter has gone down by 1/10th. 
      Until next time...

• By Ron from the Mitten
      I purchased a 2008 Qlink Rodeo 700 a few years ago.  I am from Michigan.  Anyone know of any local repair shops?  I had a dead battery, so I replaced that, started right up, ran the quad down the road, (this was last year), put it in the barn, shut it off.  then a couple weeks later, went to go start it again, and nothing.  I have power to the dash lights, horn, turn signals, wench etc, but nothing to the starter switch, and I hate electrical crap.  Battery still reads 12.x volts.

Any suggestions would be amazing.  I've owned it over 2 years, and haven't run 1 tank of gas through it.  No time to screw with it, and very frustrated.  Hoping someone can offer some advice of value.
    • By alevins
      Good day all, 
      searching here but cannot find the answer,  Hisun been working fine and now reverse limiter seems to be engaging and cannot back up, cannot find a clear solution to disable the limiter. found a possible relay?  not sure which one or to cuut a wire at ecu but a picture or diagram would be helpful
      thank you for any help in advance
    • By MJG
      Hello, 
      I found an 08 Renegade for sale and looking to purchase it.  I haven’t heard too much about these machines and any insight would be much appreciated.  Are they good machines?
    • By johnpeter
      RZR 1000 XP EPS - Rocks & Trails Edition 2020 On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/355474995514?