Quantcast

Kirk0414

West Virginia or Kentucky???

There will be about 15 family members meeting up from all over and are looking for a good place to camp/ride. We were looking for somewhere to camp along the trails but if not then just somewhere with tons of trails with all levels of difficulties, creeks, scenery, etc. Any advice would be great, thank you!

Following your post, my parents did the Hatfield and McCoy trails last year in WV but didn't hire a guide and didn't like the trails.  They were told Kentucky was beautiful but we are struggling to find a place to ride.  They have talked about going back to WV but its recommended to hire a guide to ride the outlaw trails.  

https://www.kentuckytourism.com/outdoors/atv-ohv/

This is a Kentucky Government site with lots of info on trails open to the public.

In Tennessee there is an awesome area with 300 miles of trails. Classed as Easy, Not so Easy, and Very NOT easy. 

https://www.brimstonerecreation.com/plan-your-adventure/riding-permits/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Polaris Trails & Rocks, 2018

RZR XP® 1000 EPS Trails and Rocks Editionhttps://rzr.polaris.com/en-us/rzr-xp-1000-eps-trails-rocks-edition/   Only if you have an extra $22,500 laying around.....   SPECS KEY FEATURES NEW! 55% LOWER LOW GEAR NEW! XTREME PERFORMANCE AWD PREMIUM TRAIL/ROCK ACCESSORIES SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES Legendary RZR XP® 1000 Features Plus NEW! 55% lower low gear, NEW! Xtreme performance True On-Demand All Wheel Drive, NEW! Low speed throttle mapping ProArmor crawler XG tires with Beadlocks, High Clearance Front & Rear Suspension, Standard 4,500 lb Polaris Winch, NEW! Gated Shifter, Strengthened Front Half Shafts, Click 6 Harnesses, 14” Ground Clearance, Front Bumper & Rock Sliders, Rear View Mirror & High Visibility Front Fender Flares and more Power Engine Type ProStar 1000 H.O. 4-Stroke DOHC Twin Cylinder Cylinders Displacement 999cc HP 110 HP Transmission / Final Drive Automatic PVT P-R/N/L/H (Gated Shifter) with Reduced L Gear Suspension Front Shocks 2 in Walker Evans Needle with 16-Position Adjustable Clickers Front Suspension High Clearance Lower Control Arms, Dual A-Arm with Stabilizer Bar and 16 in (40.6 cm) Travel Rear Shocks 2.5 in Walker Evans Needle with 16-Position Adjustable Clickers Rear Suspension High Clearance Radius Rods, Trailing Arm with Stabilizer Bar and 18 in (45.7 cm) Travel Agility Drive System Type Xtreme Performance True On-Demand AWD/2WD Front/Rear Brakes 4-Wheel Hydraulic Disc with Dual-Bore Front and Rear Calipers  

By Travis, in Polaris UTV SxS Forum

• 1 reply
    • I'm looking for a cross over parts list with parts numbers that will work in place of OEM

I have a 1100cc T/2 that I am replacing all of the propeller shafts, ball joints, tie-rod ends etc.. I am also going to relocate the Radiator, air filter and exhaust for mudding. parts I need  2 front propeller shafts/ Axles Front and rear Hub Bearing kits Starter Mud flares for fenders Roof/half doors  

By Damage442, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 2 replies
    • Utv Board Members

Silverbullet Don't forget you get 10 % on all Chery Parts Engine and Transmission no aftermarket parts lower quality.Just ask for it.Not on complete motors or complete transmission. Thanks Rich

By silverbullet, in UTV General Discussion

• 0 replies
    • NINTH CIRCUIT COURT PANEL RULES ISDRA RAMP STAYS IN PLACE

Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area A Win for OHV!! In what many are calling a huge victory for the OHV Community, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled today that the Imperial Sand Dunes RAMP, which in 2014 reopened thousands of acres of dunes to OHV recreation, can remain in place as-is. In a unanimous opinion, the three-judge federal court panel rejected plaintiffs' claims that BLM's decision to open additional land to OHV use violated the Endangered Species Act, Clean Air Act, the Federal Land Policy and Management Act, and the National Environmental Policy Act. The panel held that impacts to the federally-threatened Peirsonâs milkvetch did not require an âincidental takeâ statement from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. In addition, the panel held that BLM did not act arbitrarily or capriciously when determined that reopening the previously-closed dune areas would not cause an increase in air quality impacts, such as dust. Unless Anti-access groups want to expend an exorbitant amount of resources on a full 9th Circuit Court hearing and/or appeal to the Supreme Court, the validity of the ISDRA RAMP is confirmed. The Anti-access groupâs only viable option now is to have one or more species in the dunes declared threatened or endangered under the Endangered Species Act. So we must continue our vigilance in protecting our right to motorized recreation at the Imperial Sand Dunes. Download Decision View the full article

By UTVBoard News, in UTV News and Information

• 0 replies
    • Hi all! Just joined the Joyner family!

Hey guys and gals. I just traded my racing go kart for a Joyner and I have some problems (I will also post pics). First off, the motor cranks! But smokes like a freight train. I dropped the oil, added 10w-40 back and a quart of Lucas oil treatment. Let it run for about ten minutes and it still smokes like crazy. I have no idea what brand motor but it was said to be a 650 that came on it. The frame itself is said to be a '07 model. Also, it seems that the transmission only goes into third gear. And after I put it into gear, the shifter still is loose and moves around. Any ideas, suggestions?

By JTCrabb, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 14 replies