Quantcast

plumber

Roll Cage

I started working on my roll cage today. I'm going to make it a double loop with the V in front and reinforce the top.

post-178-0-15891300-1408927204_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks should have more done this weekend and more pics.

looks good...looking forward to how you are building the top and front sections...Hardy

Looks good. Now you will have a little extra piece of mind. The v bracing is a must if you are using the stock cage. Be sure to send us a pic when you are all done.

Looks good. Now you will have a little extra piece of mind. The v bracing is a must if you are using the stock cage. Be sure to send us a pic when you are all done.

2scoops, Thanks yes I will be doing the v up front and a few more things. Yes that's why I done it there are some hills I don't even try because I didn't think the cage would hold up. I'll should have it done by this weekend I'll post more pictures.

off subject but did you flip your intake and how did you do it

toddlong. No I didn't flip my intake I bought the bottom part of the intake. All SQR 472 engines comes with this intake on them except the trooper. How I like it I think it's better than the fuel controller. Just bolt it on my motor and it made my A/F gauge go up by .6. If you look at the picture it's fatter than the ones joyner has on it. Here's the part number or my be you can fine a used engine to get the part off of it. It just bolts right on. .DLJ.472-1008013

post-178-0-61427100-1410040122_thumb.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Lenny
      I'm not trying to trample flatbeds post about the front ball joints being able to pull out. I just couldn't find his post to reply there. Sorry flatbed. Flatbed found that the bolts holding the ball joints in place weren't close enough to the ball joint stem to fit into it's groove, thus the ball joint could work it's way out. This happened to flatbed and Kinarfi. It could be very dangerous if this happened at the wrong time. I finally got around to checking mine today. The top of the ball joint on the front left had already pulled out 1/8". The bottom one was still ok. I did as flatbed sujested and drilled them out and refitted them with new bolts. Both joints on the right side did not need any work as they were secured ok by the original bolts. To reiterate what flatbed said, be sure to address this potential failure. Just redo them and don't wait for signs of them pulling out.
      Lenny
    • By TmJoyner
      New to the Joyner community.  Bought a used 2016 1100 sand viper in descent shape. Only 155 miles.   Runs great.  It just rattles quite a bit in the front when riding on rough gravel / hard-packed dirt roads outside St Johns.  Removed front wheels and seems to be coming from both upper and lower suspension arm bushings/radial bearings (see pic); both left and right.  Seems like some play inside the eyelets - as I shake the arms a bit.  I assume it's not supposed be loose in there like that and the bushing/bearings are worn.  Anyone have had this issue and how did you go about changing them?

• By Travis
      I think the front wheel bearings need replaced. Lately i've noticed some noise from the front end while driving.. jacked it up and both sides have considerable play. The passenger side more so. Kawasaki 92045-1170 replaces the bearing. its 2 per hub. which is 4. it's 25 bucks PER BEARING. which is $100 and some change for both sides. Kawasaki lists that the bearing used  is a  60/22 2RS ball bearing. i can find them anywhere from $5 to $10, BUT i question the quality, no country of origin is disclosed.
       Pivotworks.com has a front set but its $42 for each side. 42+42= 84, so thats better than 100..... any one ever bought anything from pivot works?
       I checked the local auto parts stores for the bearing but nada.

https://houseofkawasaki.dealerspikeparts.com/oemparts/a/kaw/500b24b1f8700223e478dc0a/front-hubs-brakes http://www.pivotworks.com/ProductInfo.aspx?item_id=5819  
    • By Beetle1
      2012 hisun 700 efi front runner  turns over hard and the valves don't move and no compression  any ideas on what could be wrong with it ???? Thanks in advance