Quantcast

billdunk

Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 vs Yamaha Rhino 700

Hi Guys and Girls,

Liking what've read in the forum so far, but need some advice.

I live in northern NSW, Australia on 23 hectares (55 acres) and I'm sick of how long it takes to get around our admittedly hilly terrain on our tractor, so a SxS just seems to be the answer.

My problem is the question. Yamaha and Kawasaki are the best represented dealers that I trust in the area, so I'm choosing between a Rhino 700 and a Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4, both used.

There is a rhino available with 550 hours on it that has a good service history, but for a similar price I can get a Mule with around 100 hours.

Thoughts anyone?

My concern with the Mule is the 400cc motor vs 668cc. Carby vs EFI. Drum vs disc brakes. But the rhino has 500 more hours.... As I mentioned, we have really hilly terrain.

Or do I double my budget and buy new?

Cheers,

Bill

--

Newbie in Aus

I'd get the rhino. You're never gonna be satisfied with the mule's power.

Hey, thanks for the response. The research I'm doing seems to indicate that. I notice you have a Mule Diesel, how do you think this compares with a Rhino? I think I've found a Mule Diesel that might be within my budget, and I'm anticipating it mightn't be as sporty, but it should have heaps of torque for the hills i'm on....

Hey, thanks for the response. The research I'm doing seems to indicate that. I notice you have a Mule Diesel, how do you think this compares with a Rhino? I think I've found a Mule Diesel that might be within my budget, and I'm anticipating it mightn't be as sporty, but it should have heaps of torque for the hills i'm on....

Mine is okay on slight incline, but it's not good for wheelin. The motor's willing, up to a point, but the traction just isn't there. I'm afraid if I put enough traction on it, it'd be hard on the rest of the drivetrain. But I don't need more than what it comes with. You're right about the sporty part, the rhino has a huge after market. The mule not so much. If I did it over, I'd likely go with the kubota R9000. It's not very sporty either, nor is there much after market accessories available. But that's a well put together machine, with three forward gears, that's the way to go for work. For any mixed use, I'd get the rhino. I've seen people put a Turbo on em, that's just cool.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Justsomedude
      Hey so after seven years of marriage and two children I am finally hitting that point in life when a  man must become a kid again! I plan to purchase my first utv within the next 5 months or so.  Looking to gain as much info and possibly even some fellow riders to show me the ropes.  Ive been to a few places on the west coast after living in arizona for a few years and i cant wait to get behind the wheel again.  
    • By Alex
      View File YANMAR Long Horn Series YU700GMP Operator's Manual
      YANMAR Long Horn Series YU700GMP Operator's Manual
      Submitter Alex Submitted 01/03/2021 Category YANMAR  
    • By Argretez
      What's up guys. Just got my n2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat x1000 and just here to find out things about this forum as well as get advice or help from guys that know more than me. 
      Thanks
    • By Travis
      A little warm here sunday, but the low's and highs, alot better than 98  degrees with 90% humidity.... almost time to start  hauling firewood with the mule again!

• By Travis
      It's always darkest before dawn.
      So if you're going to do donuts in your neighbor's yard, that's the time to do it

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Gary Nations
      Just got a Champion 2000lb winch for Father's Day. Going on a 2018 Mule 4010 Trans used on the farm. Anyone have any experience/ tips for mounting? Front mount so what do I need?
      Thanks in advance.
    • By Stiffwood1673
      My community owns a Mule KAF620 MJF.  We also have a North Star trailer mounted power washer.  Fully loaded (w/water tank) the entire trailer weighs 3600#.  Since the Mule has a rated towing capacity of 1200#, we are afraid to tow the trailer fully loaded.  Since this unit has plowing capability, I have some difficulty believing that it would damage the unit by towing the 3600# unit short distances on perfectly flat terrain, mostly concrete or asphalt.  Can any experienced Mule operators comment on your towing experiences?
    • By silverbullett
      Just purchased a 2020 Pro DX  with Yanmar diesel. Had a 2007  3010 Trans Diesel I traded in. My problem is that the new machine is so much noisier  than my old one.
      Has anyone had any luck in quieting down the noise? Sound proofing.?...changing the exhaust routing.?...the muffler? Any ideas or solutions would be appreciated.
    • By Wilkie
      Hello all,  I have a yamaha rhino 660 with 156 hours on it. Just acquired it. It has anedelbrock carb and aftermarket exhaust. Anyone know how to adjust an edelbrock? Also, machine smokes like crazy. White smoke. So i need to get the carb sorted out and then see if its a bead gasket r valve guides causing the smoke I cannot find u h info online about the carb so any help is
      muCh appreciated. 
    • By Travis
      Hi, all, I am here to say i have found an excellent source for kawasaki parts, It's run by  Eddie Babbit. It is called Kawasaki Partshouse. run by Babbits online, Muskegon Michigan. http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts
      Just the other day i ordered piston rings, for my Mule 550, They got here and a Oil ring, and smaller ring were missing from the box, Kawasaki took responsibility for the "Accident" and  I had also contacted babbits, and they replied and they said" keep the old rings, order a new set and you just pay shipping" so i got $30 piston rings for 8.95!!!? Free shipping on orders over $50!!!