Quantcast

2014 XUV 825i Shifter woes

I bought a 2014 XUV 825i back in the spring/summer of 2014, and have been enjoying it on my property. One problem has cropped up, though, and that is that it is sometimes very hard to shift from reverse to Hi, and back again, especially for my wife and others who don't drive the vehicle, often.

From what I can tell, something has changed in the adjustment of the shifting mechanism, probably someone pulling too hard on the lever. The shift lever now doesn't go all the way up to the reverse position, and the transmission will sometimes pop out of gear when going forward, in Hi, especially under load (uphill, etc).

Does anyone know the proper method for adjusting the shifting mechanism?

Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By packersfan
      I have a hisun 500 got from a auction and when turning a corner left or right it's a two hand job then when you left go snaps back.any help on what to look at would be appreciated.
      Also blows blue smoke until she gets warm then it's ok 
    • By alevins
      Good day all, 
      searching here but cannot find the answer,  Hisun been working fine and now reverse limiter seems to be engaging and cannot back up, cannot find a clear solution to disable the limiter. found a possible relay?  not sure which one or to cuut a wire at ecu but a picture or diagram would be helpful
      thank you for any help in advance
    • By donny
      Hello I am new here but have had this machine for about 5 years. I am having issues with it surging and sometimes sounding like a small backfire thru the intake.  When putting in low, high or reverse it will struggle then go full power then struggle. It will only do the small backfire thing while in neutral reving it many times. Once in awhile it will throw a check engine light.  
      Parts replaced/checked:
        I have checked the valve lashing, timing and adjusted. Parts replaced are the coils, spark plugs, injectors, fuel lines, fuel pump, IAC sensor, TPS sensor, throttle cable, speed sensor, primary and secondary clutch and belt.
    • By lonerider98
      At the end of last year my Coleman UT 500 will not go into reverse. I can hold it over toward the reverse to move it nut it won't lock into reverse. Anyone have this problem? Winter is just about over and going to have to get this resolved. Thank You!