Quantcast

kevindsingleton

2014 XUV 825i Shifter woes

I bought a 2014 XUV 825i back in the spring/summer of 2014, and have been enjoying it on my property. One problem has cropped up, though, and that is that it is sometimes very hard to shift from reverse to Hi, and back again, especially for my wife and others who don't drive the vehicle, often.

From what I can tell, something has changed in the adjustment of the shifting mechanism, probably someone pulling too hard on the lever. The shift lever now doesn't go all the way up to the reverse position, and the transmission will sometimes pop out of gear when going forward, in Hi, especially under load (uphill, etc).

Does anyone know the proper method for adjusting the shifting mechanism?

Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.