Quantcast

kevindsingleton

2014 XUV 825i Shifter woes

I bought a 2014 XUV 825i back in the spring/summer of 2014, and have been enjoying it on my property. One problem has cropped up, though, and that is that it is sometimes very hard to shift from reverse to Hi, and back again, especially for my wife and others who don't drive the vehicle, often.

From what I can tell, something has changed in the adjustment of the shifting mechanism, probably someone pulling too hard on the lever. The shift lever now doesn't go all the way up to the reverse position, and the transmission will sometimes pop out of gear when going forward, in Hi, especially under load (uphill, etc).

Does anyone know the proper method for adjusting the shifting mechanism?

Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By dennardo
      I recently bought a used Kubota RTV900 with a plow attachment to take care of a long, steep driveway this winter. I think it’s a 2006 and it has about 460 hours on it. The previous owner told me when I bought it that it needed an oil change but I know nothing else about how well it was maintained over the years. While going through the items in the maintenance schedule I discovered a problem with the coolant system. The coolant reserve tank was completely empty so I filled it and soon after noticed a spot of antifreeze on my garage floor. I had never noticed a leak before. I took the protective panel under the radiator off the bottom of the RTV and could see that the radiator itself, the drain valve, and all hoses and connections were dry and tight as far as the hose going into the engine block. I then took off the next protective panel that is right under the forward part of the engine. The engine-facing side of this plate was covered with a mess of oily debris that had to be scraped off and the engine itself was pretty dirty also. I cleaned things up with some paper towels and ran the engine to see if I could spot any leaks. After running the engine for only a few minutes, I saw a drop of coolant on the side of the crankcase right behind the starter motor. I wiped it dry, started the engine again, and the drop re-appeared after a few minutes. I was expecting to find that maybe the water pump was leaking, but I don’t see how that would cause the coolant to appear so far back on the side of the engine block. I can’t see anything else that might spray coolant onto this area. If the cylinder block actually has a hole in it I would expect I would see a lot more problems than just a slow leak of coolant.  I am fairly handy but as I’m sure you can tell I’m new to engine work so I thought I’d see if anyone could help me diagnose this problem. Thanks.

• By bmoody4550
      I recently got a 2006 Joyner 650cc Commando. It was not running when i got it.
      I put a new fuel pump and alternator and is up and running.
      My problem is when I originally got it started it seemed I didn't have 1st gear.  I was able to get it moving from 2nd and was sure I got it into 3rd.
      In my process of diagnosing the first gear issue and I realize I have first gear because it is where I thought 3rd gear was. But now I don't seem to have 3rd or 4th gear.
      The shifter itself seems sloppy and needs a little rehab if that is possible. Replacement available?
      Cables are worn so I don't know if they have too much play to properly shift. Can't seem to find any cables available to replace. 
      Can someone tell me which cable should be first and second and 3rd and 4th? One is black and the other is red.
      Ultimately it may be a transmission problem internally.
      As long as I have 1st and 2nd the machine will work for me going through the woods picking up wood.
      Any help is greatly appreciated.
      New to this if you can't tell.
      Thanks

• By Scott Fournier
      Up for sale are 2 boxes containing Rugged Hard Enclosure for my ODES Dominator.  This is  for a two door model and is black . I was told these fit various other brands such as Razor , Club , John Deere and Certainly Polaris models.  This contains the  side doors and window.  I am asking $550 plus whatever shipping is to you. These are hard to find! 
    • By Texjpr
      2002 ranger 500 4x4 stopped running and wouldn't restart. Service manual wiring diagram helped identify the hub safety switch as the culprit. Using jumper wires to bypass  switch allowed the engine to start and run normally. Inspection of switch showed melted epoxy and a strong smell of burnt electrical. Unable to find replacement part either used or new. Is there a work around other than jumper wiring?
    • By Free2bdaring
      I am looking at a Joyner Renegade 2018.
      I am new to side by sides. I want something to drive on side roads as well as take in desert and woods. I need the bed to carry items. I will not be crazy driver but want to get off beaten path. Is this a good dependable vehicle?