Quantcast

2014 XUV 825i Shifter woes

I bought a 2014 XUV 825i back in the spring/summer of 2014, and have been enjoying it on my property. One problem has cropped up, though, and that is that it is sometimes very hard to shift from reverse to Hi, and back again, especially for my wife and others who don't drive the vehicle, often.

From what I can tell, something has changed in the adjustment of the shifting mechanism, probably someone pulling too hard on the lever. The shift lever now doesn't go all the way up to the reverse position, and the transmission will sometimes pop out of gear when going forward, in Hi, especially under load (uphill, etc).

Does anyone know the proper method for adjusting the shifting mechanism?

Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By donny
      Hello I am new here but have had this machine for about 5 years. I am having issues with it surging and sometimes sounding like a small backfire thru the intake.  When putting in low, high or reverse it will struggle then go full power then struggle. It will only do the small backfire thing while in neutral reving it many times. Once in awhile it will throw a check engine light.  
      Parts replaced/checked:
        I have checked the valve lashing, timing and adjusted. Parts replaced are the coils, spark plugs, injectors, fuel lines, fuel pump, IAC sensor, TPS sensor, throttle cable, speed sensor, primary and secondary clutch and belt.
    • By Bryan g
      We see a lot of the UT400 with shift problems, not going into gear, popping out of gear, grinding etc. There  is a bulletin Im sure everyone has saw about adjusting shift cable.  That dont always fix it.  I went round n round with coleman  on couple units. We are a Coleman warranty repair center"AFS Small Engine Repair "   I told them shift lever does not have enough travel .  No amount of cable adjustment  will increase travel . I  extended lever with piece on flat  iron by 3/4 of inch .  This gave shifter enough travel to properly engage into gear completely .  Last couple units to come in for this Coleman sent me a modified shift lever, with longer travel . Problem solved! Also , heads up if you get any new unit ,,,go over and check it out,  grease  all zerks, check air filter for being in backwards, check wiring harnesses for rubbing on rotating parts,  brake hose  routing , make sure not touching exhaust .  These are just  few of the more common failures I see .
    • By Onebad54
      Has anyone solved the 750 Hisun Sector shifter problem?
    • By Kidrock
      I got a 2014 bennche bighorn 700 efi it gets fire it’s getting gas but just won’t start up and half way backfires through the air box what would cause that problem I need all help I can get please and thanks
    • By Ermd ttk
      Hello friends,
      I got my ODES Ravager UTV yesterday and after a couple of hours of driving when I go downhill I heard a strange loud noise a couple of times, like a gear skipping or maybe something from the differential.
      It doesn't always happen and when it does it is heard for a few seconds and then it goes away and everything works normally, I'm worried if there could be some major malfunction or what could be the problem if someone can help me?
      Thanks a lot.