Quantcast

Possible misfire

So my trooper has been sitting basically since December I always run high test gas and its run here and there at idle from time to time last time it ran seemed ok today while idling it seemed little choppy and giving it gas seemed to be breaking up a little kinda like a misfire I have about 1400 miles on it I plan on dumping the gas and will inspect the plugs I have ngk iridium plugs in it been there since 1200 miles know also have a fuel programmer on stage 1 factory never have changed it thoughts anyone????

very rare that we need to change plugs in them...not to say never...I would put fresh fuel,then check your fuel pressure ,if that doesnt help,disconnect the ground (or power) to your fuel controller to put back to stock...thats where I would start...Hardy

So I put 94 octane in it and Lucus injector cleaner and pulled the plugs they were black!!!!! I have never changed my fuel programmer setting always been the factory setting started it up was little ruff for a few seconds but now seems much better

the fuel controllers dont always work well right out of the box..they are designed to add fuel ..thats why I like to set them up with an o2 sensor...if you disconnect power to the controller then start it will run the joyner factory fuel map untill you power fuel controller back up

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Hugh
      My 2018 Hisun sector crew engine cut off after about 15 minutes run. There is no indicator of what is wrong, no error code just die and won't restart until it cool down. I notice that the fan is not running but the temp indicator is on low temp, no overheat indicator. I checked the radiator fluid, it is cool to touch.
      Cooling fans are working, I can hear it running once awhile if I can get the engine warm up enough.  Thank you for all the help.

Hugh
    • By nods
      Less than 40 miles can barely start. Dealer is working with Hisun on a number of other issues on this UTV. Can not get clear info on the meaning of these E codes this is getting. Anybody have some clear info for me?
    • By Richard shepard
      I have a 2021 colman 400utv engine will start and idle, as soon as you hit throttle to move engine dies and will only start when you throttle it, let off throttle it dies, I replaced the injector and plug still the same, anyone have any other ideas
    • By Rusty Beavers
      I'm working on a Coleman UTV 400 that has a rough idle, owner has had it for about a year. When I say it has a rough idle, it doesn't have the continuous smooth running sound. At times you can hear it kinda skip, sputter, or like the RPM has fallen (RPM stay constant according to the gauge) It's not as bad as it was after I replaced the fuel filter and fuel injector (both are Chiki) not sure if that is a quality brand at this point. Checked the spark plug, it was a little foul, but not too bad. (Since the engine is still idling bad I'm going to replace that) Cleaned the throttle body making sure the carbon and soot has been removed, and the air-filter has been cleaned. New fuel is being used so it's not old or been standing. They did tell me that they were using non-ethanol fuel, not sure if that would be causing the issue. Next two things I can think of that maybe the issue is the O2 sensor or the valves need adjusting.
      Thoughts and suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    • By goindeep
      Well now i could use a lil help... i have a trooper in my shop now that has wiring issues... this poor guy paid another shop $1000 to re wire the body control harness, and boy oh boy did they chop it up!!! I am Buillding a new harness from scratch... what i need is a diagram that tells me what each fuse and relay control on the Engine fuse/relay block.. any help is greatly appreciated!!
      Josh
      No Limitz