Quantcast

Kinarfi

Vehicle OBD II Connector (front view)

I have two automotive scan tools neither worked I talk to silver bullet and no limit Powersports and was told it's a cherry automotive specific tool you need and if I remember mine is right near the fuse box and even behind driver seat

I have two automotive scan tools neither worked I talk to silver bullet and no limit Powersports and was told it's a cherry automotive specific tool you need and if I remember mine is right near the fuse box and even behind driver seat

I've been all over the area behind the seat (and every where else) and haven't seen anything that looks like a plug. Can you post a photo? My ECU is a Siemens VDO, I wonder if I can contact them for the codes they used. will try

I've been all over the area behind the seat (and every where else) and haven't seen anything that looks like a plug. Can you post a photo? My ECU is a Siemens VDO, I wonder if they can tell me the codes.

post-90-0-65848200-1440257654_thumb.jpg

Mine is a 2009 and it has the obd plug hanging right beside the computer.

Also I talked to my Casey Ye. And she cannot get a scanner cheap enough that we would buy.

Here is an idea. How many sensors are on this machine and can we change computer to an American made? Yeah we would have to rewire it but I have cut my whole plug off computer before just to put it in a water proof case..

I found the wire I was looking for, it is brought out just past the first connector after leaving the computer, starts as white/green strip and then it is green after the first connector. I hooked my oscilloscope to it and started the engine and all I could see was some voltage spikes, I assume these are telling the OBDII reader it can request data from the ECU. So other than finding where to tie in a plug so I can plug in a reader, I didn't get any closer to finding what was causing my fault light to be on.

Here's some photo I took while finding the wire, I added text to each photo.

post-90-0-36279300-1440384169_thumb.jpg

post-90-0-78536000-1440384188_thumb.jpg

post-90-0-66497400-1440384231_thumb.jpg

Check this out! Might have looked on the Internet for days but look what I found. I didn't know there was so many protocols... geesh.

Looks like one I'll be buying.

http://www.auterraweb.com/obdiipinout.html

I looked at the link, then looked at the ECU schematic that I think goes with our ECU and there is a pin mismatch for the ground.

Do you have the ECU schmatic? if not would you like one?

post-90-0-84706600-1442168697_thumb.png

MB 802 scan tool I am pretty sure is what we need. 200.00 on Amazon. Unless we already have a scan tool that supports these.

1SAE-J1850 PWM 2SAE-J1850 VPW 3KWP2000ISO-14230EOBD-II

4ISO-9141 5CAN BUS ISO-15765-4