Quantcast

mahnoo51

Fuel Pump & Instrument Panel Went Pffft

We took our side x side out for a 20 mile ride the other night (which of course warmed it up pretty good). Next morning when we turned the key nothing happened. Specifically, no starter fuel pump sound and no instrument panel info. Everything else (headlights, turn signals, 4 wheel/2 wheel drive actuator) seems to still work and the engine turns over but won't start.

In checking the not real helpful manual, we THINK the problem may be a bad Electronic Control Unit. Is there a way to check that specifically or could it be anything else? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

silverbullet

It is problem in the wiring connections.Pull fuse box off and see if any wires are brunt in the back of the fuse box.Swap relys and see if that works.I think Ernie has a wiring diag.Its vary rare the computer goes bad.Check members they should be able to help.JMC is moving but i think an eBay dealer will sell inventory on eBay.Not sure yet Casey didn't know.

Matt

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Honda533
      Machine sat and had multiple rodent chews thru out the wiring that we fixed.  Also replaced the Following: ECU, Coil and Plug Wire, small Control Box that contains fuses and relays.  Pick Up coil test at 219 ohms which is typically good on most machines but i can't find the specific manual on this thing to get the spec.  Battery good, cranks fine but the fuel pump doesn't prime or run and no spark.  Tested pump with direct 12volts and it works.  If we supply a ground to the pump it primes and works but still no spark.  We have traced all wiring including grounding and all is good. Tested key switch.  I has (4) positions.  1 - off, 2 - does nothing, 3 - powers up everything (lighting and odometer and powers ECU, 4 - starts engine.  The key switch only has 3 wires. 12v in from battery and 2 - 12v out which is power to the system and send 12v to starter relay coil.
      Are these electrical systems actually switching the grounds on and off vs the traditional switching the 12v+ on and off.  
      at my wits end with this thing. 

Also when we figure this problem out we will post the solution.  seems 90% of people that ask for help on these forums, never post the fix which make this pointless.
    • By Regretting my choices
      Hello.  I purchased this unit as a "non runner" with the intent of using the frame to build a go-cart, but once I got it home it seemed way to good to part out.  The motor cranks over, and I have spark, but no fuel.  If I put a little fuel in the cylinder it fires up until that fuel is burnt, then of course it dies.  The fuel pump is not running and I have removed the plug and there is no power going to it.  I have checked the safety switch on the brake pedal and its fine, I have checked the fuses, all good, but am not sure where to go from here. The shifter is missing on the unit, but the indicator light on the dash shows its in neutral, and the e-brake indicator switch is working as well.  I am thinking of jumping power to the fuel pump next to see if it runs and if the motor will start.
      What am I missing?  What can stop the fuel pump from getting power to it?

• By soonerjeeper
      We had our second gathering for the Oklahoma RZR Riders and this time it was thousands of people that joined us for Doin the Dunes at Little Sahara in Waynoka, Ok. I had the privilege of being the event organizer/coordinator and running film. Quite the task. Below is a great depiction of the weekend. Including a big air completion and giant train ride through the dunes.

• By Dennis Fortner
      Hello, I am looking to purchase my first side by side and I am not sure of the make and model
    • By 2wpuller
      Has anyone replaced the stock shocks and springs on their 2015 Dominator 800 X2 to ride alittle smoother are just changing the springs out.I gotten alittle spoiled riding in my son's rzr 1000xp.
      My wife just made a comment why don't ride as smooth as our son's thing.lol
      I'm 62 she's 61 the little rough ride doesn't really bother me. I drive a concrete mixer for a living. 
      I really like the Odes it's pretty good power for for only 800cc
      I took off the cat and the stock muffler. Put a glasspack with 2" inlet and outlet it has a good deep tone and not really very loud. I'll find out Sunday when we hit the woods .It's definitely more peppy.