Quantcast

2011/14 Hisun 500 fuel issue

hello everyone, i just joined this forum to try my luck, few days ago i bought an old (dont know exactly), 2011/14 hi sun 500cc ""carburated"",  was not running at the time, but i fell was a good deal and decided it to bring it home to play with it, this is the issue, i bought and installed a new carb, and pump, i repositioned the battery location and upgraded to a "car batt", reconnected the fuel lines and started it, but it only runs with the choke ON, i checked the bowl, it does have fuel,but for some reason wont inject it to run, i came across a video that say that ""the body small tank had to be connected for the cart to run" (was deleted when bought), sure enough i got it to run sporadically , but the so called ""small body tank'' often runs out of fuel and wont refill itself , i had to couple times do it manually, so how does that small tank works ?..what does it do?..and why if  bypass it , the cart wont start?....any help?..thanks so much!!!

• Alex changed the title to 2011/14 Hisun 500 fuel issue

I had similar issue with a Honda carb. Upon disassembly I found the idle jet completely blocked by hard white crud I asume is ethanol caused. I had to drill it out by hand with my tiniest drill bit  That solved the problem. I now keep sea foam and startron in all fuel

I now only use ethanol free gas in all my small engines and I haven’t had any fuel related problems since I started doing that. More gas chains such as Wawa, Buckee’s, some Marathon stations carry ethanol free and it’s well worth the $0.50 a gal higher price for it. Sometimes it is actually the same price or cheaper than ethanol when prices change a lot. UTV, mower, chainsaws etc. 

Cant.. Most of Mine require premium fuel and the only non-ethanol here is 87 octane.. So thats not an option. And even non eth fuel goes bad in a few months of non use without treatment. I have found that FI engines are not as affected by ethanol as carbed ones .  I do run all fuel out of small engines  saws, blowers ,mowers etc. after use, and store dry. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/24/2024 at 9:17 PM, Hi sun 500 said:

hello everyone, i just joined this forum to try my luck, few days ago i bought an old (dont know exactly), 2011/14 hi sun 500cc ""carburated"",  was not running at the time, but i fell was a good deal and decided it to bring it home to play with it, this is the issue, i bought and installed a new carb, and pump, i repositioned the battery location and upgraded to a "car batt", reconnected the fuel lines and started it, but it only runs with the choke ON, i checked the bowl, it does have fuel,but for some reason wont inject it to run, i came across a video that say that ""the body small tank had to be connected for the cart to run" (was deleted when bought), sure enough i got it to run sporadically , but the so called ""small body tank'' often runs out of fuel and wont refill itself , i had to couple times do it manually, so how does that small tank works ?..what does it do?..and why if  bypass it , the cart wont start?....any help?..thanks so much!!!

By "small body tank" do you mean carberator bowl? If so you might have a fuel pump issue. I'm not familar with the carbed models do they have an electric pump? have you tested the pressure on the fuel line? is there an inline filter?