Quantcast

Python 800i Suspension upgrade ?

sackspeed

Hi Guys - we have a Joyner Python 800i which we use offroad here in Scotland.

The standard shock absorbers we can get in the UK are only lasting a few days and we are struggling to find uprated ones which will fit straight on - can anyone advise on good replacements or send me a link please ?

Thanks

Alan

post-3428-0-32567700-1447412856_thumb.jpg

That is a sweet ride.

You gotta take them off and get a fully extended and compressed measurement. Then you should be able to match them up with a namebrand shock like fox, king, walker evan etc.

Joyner uses Chinese shocks with metric diameters. It would be best to get all new springs as well. With the correct valving and spring rates your machine will ride 1000 percent better. Here in the States I used Offroad Warehouse. They can help get you close to what you need. I drive a trooper so what I am using won't help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By SIO
      Does anyone no how to to adjust these shocks. never had shocks with the fast and slow adjustments. But the main problem is it rides ruff. My bike came with the shocks set at 7 1/2" from center of nut to top of spring. The book calls for 5.5" front and 4.7" rear and they say max. Just want to make sure before moving them that far.
    • By Bryan83c
      Need input on compatible clutch sets I can upgrade joyner 1100cc 2018 sand viper with.    Something autozone might carry  and what cars are these chery motors most compatibility with
    • By The Road Hound
      Hi, 
      New to the forum. 
      Came here looking for some experienced UTV users who can enlighten me about which brand should I pick for my very first UTV or SXS. 
      I'm between 3 brands and 3 models: 
      *Kawasaki MULE PRO-FXR   1000.
      *Yamaha wolverine rmax2. 
      *Can am Commander XTP. 
      The use I'm willing to give it is mostly to go to the range with my wife, load steel targets and all our shooting gear, we shoot a lot, rifles, Shotguns and Handguns for practice, training and competition. (Range is about 10 miles from home) 
      But also I want something that I can take to the trails and have fun on dirt, mud, rocks, puddles or creeks. 
      Any objective information will be appreciated, specially which is more reliable and durable. 
      Thank you and happy 4th of July. 

• By Jhud
      In the market for side by side. Narrowed it down between the pioneer 1000 or defender Hd9. Looking for pros and cons of both. Any info would be helpful in my selection process. Noise, speed, reliability, ride, all of it.
    • By donny
      Hey everyone new to forum I have a 2014 Odes raider and a 2009 Suzuki Ozark 250 both down atm 😔