I am taking on a nasty problem I have, the noisy clunking front end, the play in the steering, the looseness of the front end in general and more dampening on the shock rebound. I am going to try Lennys suggestion of reshaping the brass in the heim joints via compression, the ball joints are so loose that they fall out when the snap ring is removed and I can also feel play in them, My plan is to weld some heavier steel onto the end A arm and then cut through the two of them and then cinch it down on the ball joint like my doctored parts drawing. I could use 2 nuts and drill out one of them so I can thread into the second one or drill through a block of steel and use bolt & nut. If anyone has some input about making the ball joint socket into a clamp type socket, I would like to hear your comments.
I also plan to change the bearings and I already the shims to stiffen up the rebound and the bearings.
photo removed, needed the space elsewhere, Kinarfi
I found this forum trying to find any info I could on these things. I never heard of a Joyner, but I got a hell of deal on buying a 2010 T2 Trooper. It has a lot of problems and I am trying to work through everything. If you have a writeup or could even grab a part number off yours it would be extremely helpful. I have a rats nest of wiring to figure out.
1. Engine Idle-Starting it cold it will not idle. I have to hed down the gas for about 1-2 minutes and slowing bring it down to get an idle.
2. Dies when you push in the clutch when running high rpms-If i keep shifts slow and below 3K it will keep going, but if I run it up and then try and put the clutch in it will die.
3. Relays and fuses- I have spots where there should be relays and fuses and there is nothing. I need a part number for all the relays and the location that they should be plugged in. The manual doesnt call out anythign on the relay sizes. I think I can get all the fuse sizes from the manual. I should have this figured out tomorrow.
4. Fan control-The fan and headlights were wired into the turn signal switch. How does the utv handle the fan? Is it controlled by the computer to turn on at a certain temp?
5. Temp sensor doesnt work-This might be why the fan was wired into a switch. Need info on how to fix.
6. Fuel gauge doesnt work-Anything on this would be helpful.
7. Front and rear locker adjustment-If I could get pictures on the rear that would be helpful. The front looks right, but doesnt lock. The rear is missing the bracket that the front locker had going into the diff that located the cable and probably allowed adjustment.
8. Clutch-The sweet spot is at the very end of the pedal, almost where you would remove your foot from it. The sweet spot is also very small. Is your clutch like this or is there some adjustment that needs to be made. It also doesnt feel firm enough. Any input here would help.
9. Brakes-They dont work great. It stops the utv but it isnt very fast.
10. Lights- I would like to know what each switch should control and what plugs they go to. All I have is the roof rack lights working. The other switches do nothing and there are no more lights to turn on.
I appreciate any advice and help you can give. This thing is a blast but I really would like to get it up and reliable before I start doing serious trail riding.