Quantcast

3wheelermaniac3

Another rear diff ?

Around a year ago I posted that I trashed my rear diff on the trooper. Upon inspection I noticed that all the bolts that held the ring gear on were safety wired together. Does this mean that it was upgraded? Also what are my options other than Silverbullet on getting it rebuilt?

the wires meant that it had not been upgraded...depending on the damage,you may find your best value in purchasing a complete new rear diff..they generally have some sort of warranty...here in Canada Mudslinger.ca in your neck of the woods try,Prattville powersports took over from JMC and seem good to deal with,as you mentioned Silverbullet

joyner-usa.com will have them, they're the distributor in AZ. If all it did was shear the bolt, lucky you, replace the bolts with 12.9 grade allen heads from mcmaster-carr

Do search for differential in this forum and you'll find lots of advice on differentials. you can also search mcmaster and you find the details on the replacement bolts and how to grind them down some for clearance.

Jeff

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.