Quantcast

jeffro

2016 mule 610 4x4 clutch noise

I purchased a new mule 610 4x4 back in January. Over the past few months there has been a chattering noise coming from the underside near the transmission. The service manager from the dealership came to my house to check it out. He said the noise is "normal" . It's loud and annoying. I had him send me a letter stating that it was "normal". He said he clutch makes the noise. I have a hard time believing that it's normal. It's under warranty so I'm not worried about it. My concern is that if I'm 10 or 20 miles out and it breaks I'm gonna have to walk all the way home. What do you think?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By margrabia
      Hi all.
      Some time ago I've purchased a 2006 Cub Cadet Volunteer 4x4 through an auction. I have just found this forum and hope you can help me or give me some ideas.
      The problem here is that it was a non-runner with an "engine issue". There was some small wiring issue which I already fixed and started the engine (CAT/Perkins). To my surprise it didn't move after I put it in gear. After doing a small investigation I realised somebody took out whole CVT transmission and it lacks few gears and shafts in the transfer case. I called the dealer for a quote and the total cost of repairing it by myself on new parts makes it financially pointless.
      Hence the question: do you think it's possible to swap the CVT and transfer case from some other UTV/vehicle? Or should I just scrap it/sell it for parts? I've been looking for an used transfer case but didn't find anything in US nor in EU.
    • By Travis
      scared me all the way to death and back.
    • By Hammer
      We have a new Mule Pro FX LE EPS.  It has the manual dump bed and looking to add some type of electric lift to it.  Even with a small load, two people can't dump it by hand.  Seems kind of a bad design, hinge point and the hydraulic strut assist is too far towards the back.  Been looking at electric actuators on ebay.  For those that have done this, do you put the actuator in place of the strut?  How does it work?  To me, I would think even with a 400lb actuator, it might struggle since it would be so far back.  Thinking of putting it towards the front more.  But not sure of the best place to mount it.  And would I need a super long stroke to get it to raise the bed all the way? 
    • By bjones
      2007 Mule 610,  owned for 8 yrs and valves were ticking when I got it and had them adjusted twice and this is when plugs began to foul.  I replaced battery (used battery I had on hand) a yr ago and didn't foul a plug for some time and replaced batter (new) with a bigger lawn mower type battery again a month ago and have fouled two plug since.  Had carb cleaned and valves adjusted and still fouls plugs way to often.  Friend has a mule just like mine and his does same thing. Have read this is a common problem with 610 mule.  Any help or suggestions would be welcomed.  Thanks and stay healthy.
    • By Alex
      View File 2013-15 Can-Am Maverick 1000R Service Manual
      2013-15 Can-Am Maverick 1000R Service Manual
      Submitter Alex Submitted 01/17/2021 Category Can-Am BRP