Quantcast

dewillia

2009 Joyner Sand Viper will not start.

Silverbullet.

We work on Joyner but to far we are in Yuma Az.But if you need some thing bigger it would be worth it.928 344 2117

Thank You

Rich

Thanks for the information. If I can't find anything closer to home I may be loading up and making a trip to Yuma. I hear its lovely this time of the year.

Thanks Rich,

I would appreciate any help I can get. The buggy was running just fine when I shut it down for the summer months. It was stored in an enclosed trailer but left out in the desert over the summer. I guess the heat was too much for it. I suspected bad fuel so I drained the tank and replaced the fuel but all it does is turn over. I'm not sure if it's a fuel or electrical issue. That's all the troubleshooting I have done so far. I haven't really worked on engines since they've had carburetors so I don't have any experience with fuel injection. I can read a manual but don't really have the time or place to work on it. If you can give me any tips or get me going in the right direction I will definitely give it a shot and see if I can figure it out.

squirt some starter fluid into the intake and crank. That will tell you whether to chase fuel or spark problems

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By nascarcamshaft
      I have a 2009 Trooper that when I first start it it runs great but after about a min it starts to cut out under acceleration but clears out when it gets revved up.  I downloaded the manual from   Joyner-usa.com   but it doesn't help much,  Mine doesn't have a OBD port on it and my son who is a mechanic said he can wire one in if we have a wiring diagram for the CPU but the wiring diagram of the CPU that is in the manual is for a 3 cylinder engine.  The manual talks about a MIL light that can flash out a code but I don't know where that is and even if I did find it they  don't tell me how to read it.  I have tried the coil and the map sensor and that didn't help I checked the TPS and it checks OK.  I emailed Joyner and all I got from them is there should be a OBD port on it and then they said they checked and found some don't have it,  No help from them. Anybody run into this problem or know were I can turn to get some help on this, even a good wiring diagram of the CPU would be a big help.
      Thanks for you help
    • By abernot
      Hi all...I am looking for a reliable mechanic near the last Vegas area to help maintain my 2016 Sand Viper 1100cc.  Any suggestions?
    • By abernot
      Hello,
      First time buggy/UTV buyer here and I have been looking at a 2016 Joyner Sand Viper 1100cc.  
      First of all, and overall comments on that particular model or recommendations?  I am a very amateur rider and am just looking to have some occasional fun in the surrounding desert areas of Vegas as well as do some low key canyons and small mountain areas.
      Main question is, what are the options to tow the buggy aside from trailering it?  I have been looking into a tow bar but am finding very limited information on anyone installing a way to connect a tow bar to the rig and tow it that way.  Any insights are greatly appreciated!
    • By 180gtr
      Parting out a rolled Sand viper 1100. I will list some of the parts I have, otherwise ask me if there is something specific you are looking for. I am selling everything I have for $800. I am located near Glenwood Springs CO.
      SOLD ITEMS, I do not have these items.
      Wheels
      Tires
      Engine
      Transmission
      Axles
      Shocks
      Control Arms
      Things I have....These all came off of the running engine. I have video of it running if anyone needs to verify that.
      Throttle Body $90
      Starter $150
      Alternator $150
      Fuel rail, injectors, fpr $100
      fuel pump $70
      Map Sensor $50
      Full set of Guages $150
      Exhaust w cat, O2 SOLD
      Ignition Coil - SOLD
      Wiring harness and ecu SOLD
      Radiator, shroud, elec fan, overflow tank $200
      Fuel tank w sender $150 Has dent at base of fuel neck, no leaks
      I have a box full of misc bolts, nuts, etc.
      I will sell the Chassis or Frame alone for $200. The chassis is in pretty good shape, needs some cage repair and 2 areas straightened where control arms mount. If anyone had an automotive frame machine it would take a few hours.
      That would include....
      Brake calipers, lines, pedal, master cyl, E brake assy,
      Steering shaft, wheel
      Ignition switch, key
      Light bar frame, 2 lights
      misc hardware, spindles
      2 hubs, rotors
      Engine mounts
      Throttle pedal, cables
      Shifter, cables
      Clutch master, pedal
      I am sure I am forgetting something.
      I am parting this out of ebay right now, I just picked up another project and could use the room. No I will not take less than $700 for all of it or $200 for the frame. I do not need to sell it, I will make far more parting it out but would like the extra space in the garage.
      If interested I also have an 07 1000rr engine setup I would sell with the buggy for $650.
      Thanks!

• By Travis Sparks
      looking to buy joyner complete with title problems ok in tn ky va area 100 miles within knox tn area txt what you got 423 626 0995