Quantcast

I,m new to this, but here is my story.

I recently purchased a used 2014 1100 R2 with 293 miles. The original owner was a mechanic and made some mods to it, but I'm the guy who has to straighten them out. Would you believe he put an aftermarket turbo on it and because he couldn't line up the waste gate actuator he just put a spring on the waste gate lever to a bolt on the block.You want to talk about boost. That has been fixed. Now for the current problem. When I first got it the only way it would start was if you stepped on gas to start it. Followed some of the tips on this forum and replaced IAC step motor. It now starts fine, but on cold start after about 5 or 10 seconds drops down 500 rpms and hardly stays running until it hits about 140 degrees. I have check the CTS and I just want to make sure I have it right. Some of the instructions in the manuals are a little cage. I checked the resistants between terminal a and c and get no resistants, c and b was 19.75 which is about right concidering it was 27 degrees C. If I'm reading the manual a and c is for the ECU and c and b are for the gage. So I guess that my ECU is not getting any signal, so it isn't richening the mixture when could. Am l correct or not?

Silverbullet

We just set the ideal up with the screw.Joyner's always do that.It could be compression.check the fuel pressure should be 50 PSI.Could be wiring bad connection.1000 to 1100 RPM

Thanks Rich

If I set the idle up what what happens when the engine warms up. It idles right on 900 once it hits around 140 degrees.

silverbullet

It should stay at about 1000 rpm or so.

If I set the idle up what what happens when the engine warms up. It idles right on 900 once it hits around 140 degrees.

Don't forget to loosen the the nut first.Then turn the screw.See how it idles and adjust as needed.

I adjusted the idle screw and made sure MAP sensor and throttle body were clean( just for general maintenance ). It now idles at 900rpm and starts everyone without stepping on throttle. Thanks for the help, I would never have thought just adjusting idle would make such a difference.

One other question, I realize you are a Joyner parts dealer. Is there any wiper kit avaialbe for my Joyner?

And again Thanks for the help.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 2018 Polaris Polaris RZR Dynamics Turbo

2018 Polaris Polaris RZR Dynamics Turbo On Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Polaris-Red-RZR-Razor-XP1000-Dynamics-Turbo-UTV-Showroom-New-66-UpGrades/382608993834?

By johnpeter, in UTV Off-Road Classifieds - Buy & Sell

• 0 replies
    • Trooper 1100 Turbo Kit?

Hey guys, so i have built my own turbo kit in house and it works awesome! seeing these turbo kits for sale for 3 and 4k seemed a little steep for me.. i built my entire kit intercooled and all for less then half of that price so i am considering selling these kits.. if i could produce a complete bolt on kit that could be installed with simple hand tools in your garage strait for $1800 and intercooled for $2500 would any of you be inerested? i would like to post pics but not sure how to? i have also snorkled my trooper and not just the air filter but diff vents, the two chrome catch cans (crankcase vent and radiator vent) along with raising the ECM and fuse boxes to head level.. this as well could be sold as a kitfor very little cost. i can also do the work in-house if needed (install all of this for you) for only a couple of hundred... is this stuff you guys would be interested in? Turbo kits will be complete al the way down to an Autometer Vac/Boost guage, fuel controller etc.... i have seen a HUGE increse in power! if you have more questions you can call me at 713-824-8891 i'm in the Houston Texas area. Also Lenny would you mind calling me so i could pic your brain for a min? some questions about this site (how to post pics, stetting up my profile etc.) as well as a few other things. Thanks i love this forum and really look foward to helping in the future! and really like seeing extreme joyners on the trail!

By goindeep, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 16 replies
    • Can/should I turbo my suzuki F8B clone?

So I have an unbranded chinese buggy with a suzuki f8b clone (800cc 3  cylinder). It’s pretty gutless (35hp) on a 1300 lb buggy so i’m thinking about a turbo or engine swap. I don’t have a lot of money in it so i’d rather not drop a bunch in an engine swap. How difficult would it be to drop a turbo on these 800cc 3  cylinders anyone recommend one for this engine?

By KTMspeedFreak, in Other UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies
    • Yxz 2016 vs Maverick xds turbo 2016

Hi all   I'm from Sydney Australia and we don't really have a big utv scene here so when it comes to purchasing a second hand utv options are limited.   I'm a Yamaha guy but the Yxz is rare here and expensive.   Can the xds turbo be compared to the Yxz or are they miles apart ?   Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk    

By oztexs76, in UTV General Discussion

• 0 replies
    • Joyner Trooper T2 Aftermarket Brakes

I have a Joyner trooper t2. Is there any after market brake pads that we can get. The pads I order are not holding up. Need to be more pad. Thanks

By Brian71, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 2 replies