Quantcast

Yoshio

EJK Kit - Adjustments and Reviews

Hi,

does anyone use the EJK controller from Dobeck?

What's your numbers on the controller- stock, or did you made changes?

For my point of view at the moment - there is no power gain, I don't feel any changes using this part.

I used the EJK on my first trooper ( 08 ) and didn't seem to notice any difference in power. though it definitely did burn significantly more fuel. I toyed with the settings and never really seemed to get any noticeable gains so dialed it back to factory and left it there. I would have taken it out but I removed the cat converter so decided to leave it in because of the O2 sensors. I am now onto my second trooper and am running it stock, no controller. seems to run just as good as the last unit but I can now run all day on about a 1/2 tank of fuel.

In my opinion, the EJK is not worth the money and extra fuel consumption on a stock machine. all that being said, some people have seen gains because of their setups like intake, exhaust, turbo's etc...

I ride mostly in the eastern slopes of the rocky's in Alberta, Canada. so elevations between 4000 - 8000 feet above sea level. not sure if this has something to do with it or not.

That's the same as I notice. Too bad, that I ordered after reviews in the buggy-news forum, which were positive to this product.

I have the cams in mine. If you do the cams you would need one or it would run lean. I can't say enough good things about the cams. BUT take your head off and send it to silver bullet. I think know you don't have to take your head off.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Every Kawasaki part imaginable!!

Hi, all, I am here to say i have found an excellent source for kawasaki parts, It's run by  Eddie Babbit. It is called Kawasaki Partshouse. run by Babbits online, Muskegon Michigan. http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts Just the other day i ordered piston rings, for my Mule 550, They got here and a Oil ring, and smaller ring were missing from the box, Kawasaki took responsibility for the "Accident" and  I had also contacted babbits, and they replied and they said" keep the old rings, order a new set and you just pay shipping" so i got $30 piston rings for 8.95!!!? Free shipping on orders over $50!!!  

By Travis, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 2 replies
    • renegade part wanted

We are looking for good used/new ecu for 2009 joyner renagade 800cc with 3-cyl Chery engine............p/n#5WY5102E...........please let us know if anyone has Thanks "Scotty" Wcmotorsports.ca

By Scott Cerny, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 2 replies
    • Joyner trooper electric power steering for $200..

I made my own electric power steering for my Joyner trooper..I bought a steering column out of a 02 satern vue for $80 at a junk yard..then bought a wiring kit off of eBay for another $80. And made the steering arm...the wiring kit even came with a adjustable nob..

By Tobie1987, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 23 replies
    • Joyner Trooper Power Steering

I had been wanting to install power steering on my T4 for years so I went to the salvage yard last weekend and bought a complete column (minus airbag) out of a 2009 Nissan Versa for $125 with the ECU. It was a fairly simple install. The long shaft that fits to the Joyner steering rack actually fit perfectly into the Nissan column. Had to weld up a U joint on the Nissan column to make it a straight shaft and fab up one simple bracket. Connect power and ground plus a switched 12v and now I can steer with one hand!  

By mixfixdave, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies
    • Fuel Controller

Thanks to Dedub for finding the info on this. So, looking at the info at Dobeck Performance you installl and adjust this controller--right? Its not plug and play. In order to get maximum performance from our individual machines won't we all have to do what Dedub did and take it to a dyno and adjust it?

By 2scoops, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 69 replies