Quantcast

Terrypenton

Joyner renegade 800 fuel/sensor problem

My renegade 800 has been running really good until last week. Starts and runs fine when cold but after a few miles, it sputters and slows down and will only run smooth at an idle. I am running normal fuel pressure until this happens. The fuel pressure drops to 20 psi or less. I can pump the excellerator petal a few times and the fuel pressure rises to normal but drops back to 20 psi. I can watch the fuel line to the engine stiffen up when the pump cuts in then the pump shuts down. The pump is warm to the touch but not hot. Is the O2 sensor faulty and causing the ECU to go to limp home mode. This is kicking my butt

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• renegade part wanted

We are looking for good used/new ecu for 2009 joyner renagade 800cc with 3-cyl Chery engine............p/n#5WY5102E...........please let us know if anyone has Thanks "Scotty" Wcmotorsports.ca

By Scott Cerny, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 2 replies
    • 2009 Hisun Supermach 500, Stalling at idle and hesitating under acceleration

Hey folks. I recently acquired a pre-owned Hisun 500, carburated. And surprise... it has issues. When cold, it typically starts without any issues, but once it warms up it tends to sputter and stall out. When accelerating, you can also feel it hesitating occasionally, and when you stop or put her into reverse, she will often stall.  The fuel is clean, I installed a new fuel filter, and the air filter is clean. Though the fuel pump appears to be working ok, it makes a strange knocking sound whenever power is put to it.  I've never heard anything like it, and I'm not sure if its shot or just a cheap Chinese pump thing. I have an aftermarket pump coming, and I've ordered a new ignition coil as well on the off chance that it is faulty. I am hoping replacing these two parts will solve the issue,  and if it does I will post the results here.  If not, anyone have any other ideas?  Also, I've noticed it is very difficult to find parts for this make... any suggestions on a good source for Hisun parts? I appreciate any comments or insights. 

By Tomoto, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 6 replies
    • 1100 Sand Viper Fuel Pressure

Does anyone know what the recommended fuel pressure readings are for an 1100 Sand Viper?  I recently had the gas tank and fuel pump replaced and now the engine is very difficult to start and when first depressing the gas pedal the engine bogs down to the point of almost dying unless you quickly depress the pedal to almost full throttle.  The readings I'm looking for are. 1.  Pressure reading when key is turned on and fuel pump is engaged but engine is not started. 2. Pressure reading when engine is idling. 3. Pressure reading at full throttle. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.    

By dewillia, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 5 replies
    • Used R2 Renegade 2010 or newer for sale ...

I'm possibly interested in buying a used 2010 or newer Joyner R2 Renegade in good working condition. I'm not convinced they are a reliable product despite the fact I really like the features and aesthetics offered by Joyner but am reluctant to buy a new until I've owned one for a while. I would like to form my own opinion vs listening to Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki Dealers bashing their quality, reliability and lack of distributor network for sales & service in South Central Florida.  

By Ralph Brescia, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies
    • Joyner r4 renegade

Joyner r4renegade not getting fuel ..... checked fuses changed fuel pump and filter?

By Craig Short, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 2 replies