Quantcast

2008 Commando 650 issues

myst3ry

Hi all . new here , and from manitoba canada

just traded a skidoo for a 2008 commando 650

had some issues but overall not bad

problem i have is it was running and then just quit ...

now i have zero digital led cluster , it flickers for a second when ya turn key on then goes off and stays off .

no power to radio any more either ...

i have a lightbar hooked up and switches on and off ,because its wired direct i suppose ,  i have had battery charger on unit charging battery also , which dont make a difference ,

i went today and bought 2 new relays and put them in , no change ..

i have like zero power going out it seems ... the digital dash will not stay lit up , no cranking over of any sorts , no fuel pump noise , not sure if it suppose to make noise or not , ...

i have found random fuses 2 to be exact and replaced them and they werent burnt , and still no change ...

it seems to be a wiring nightmare under passenger seat , someone made a mess of wiring , i have disconnected winch and misc stuff ...

any idea what would be going on ,, like i dont understand why the digital cluster would light for a split second and then go off .

i have attached 2 pictures because i am unsure of what these 2 objects are in the pictures ..

any help is greatly appreciated ....

1 more thing to add , the clutch cable is broken i have new one , just havent replaced it yet , would there be a sensor or something so it knows whether clutch is engaged or not top start as a safety feature ?

it had started in gear before when i picked it up from previous owner so im thinking no , but unsure , so i  will ask here ..

any help is greatly appreciated ...

super frustrating ...

thanks

i can take more pictures if required also ..

20170319_163824.jpg

20170319_164013.jpg

Edited by myst3ry
additions

Silverbullet

The 2 pictures are signal flasher with pig tail and the other is voltage reg.The first thing to do is call me.It is 2 complicated to explane buy  email.

I will walk you through it.call me so you can interact with me what problems it could be  928 344 2117.I now they want me to use email.But to many things it could be. After we solve this i will explain.On the utv board

• 3 weeks later...

when I turn key backwards as.per accessory   the oil light is on and.stays on  but never no matter what do.i get.a lit up digital gauge...maybe a flicker of the gauge for a split second but that's about it  I haven't called yet because I haven't had time and still too cold outside to work on it    

nobody around here has heard of.joyner and I am lost with this thing  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By RickinMT
      I bought a new Axis 700 at Lowe's last Sunday, 7/24, and I didn't look through all my paperwork until the next day and there is no warranty info in the packet. I checked the Hisun site to see if you can register yourself and provide proof of purchase, etc., but they only have a form for Pre-Delivery & Customer Orientation Checklist which is to be filled out by the dealer and submitted to Hisun within ten days. I just called Lowe's and they're saying they automatically send it all in. How can I verify my warranty is registered with Hisun? I tried their phone number but of course right now it's after hours. I'll call again tomorrow but 10 days is pretty near.... I don't have any warranty claim yet but I just want to be sure it's registered.
      Does anyone know a better way to check?
      Thanks.
    • By Michael R
      Wife said UTV stopped running and cannot restart. I checked the battery, it was good. I checked the fuse box, no blown fuses. Whe I tried to start, the starter had a thump noise one time, and the starter relay wires were hot. I replaced the relay, nothing. I then replaced the starter and still the same symptoms. It won't start and relay wires hot.  Any ideas what to check next- perhaps ground strap of which I have no idea where it would be, or perhaps a new fuse box with new relays?
    • By Robert G1
      Hi all. I'm new to the site. A few years ago I bought a used Massimo. Recently I've had a issue driving above 25mph. The engine won't go any faster. In fact it seems to sputter and hesitate. The whole engine shakes. I've changed air filter.oil,oil filter, throttle cable oil/air cooler,and carburetor and still no luck. I was wondering, could it be the fuel pump. Should I invest in an electric fuel pump? I'm just not sure. It starts fine and revs while in neutral. Any advice would be great. Thank you 
      VID_20220722_110957473.mp4
    • By RickinMT
      2021 Hisun Axis 700
      I just picked one up brand new at Lowe's last Sunday and I'm trying to carefully go through the break in time and I just noticed to day it's throwing fault codes.
      P0113    IAT Circuit High Voltage or Open                     KsDGDM_IAT_ShortHigh                 113         275
      P0122    TPS Circuit Low Voltage or Open                    KsDGDM_TPS_ShortLow                                 122         290
      P0201    Injector 1 Circuit Malfunction                            KsDGDM_INJ_CYL_A_Fault            201         513
      P0351    Cylinder 1 Ignition Coil Malfunction                                KsDGDM_EST_A_Fault                     351         849
      P0650    MIL Circuit Malfunction                                      KsDGDM_MIL_Circuit                        650         1616

I noticed the codes while riding so it was already warmed up and working normally. Have no clue what all that means.....
      Thanks.
    • eManualOnline
    • By dKurmudgeon
      Hi All,
      I am considering acquiring a used 2018 Textron Stampede, with about 600 hours, but need a little advice.  The person selling it is asking $8400.  The engine and transmission seem fine but it needs a bushing replaced and new rear door latch sets.  Any idea what the the stated repairs might cost.  Just looking for ballpark guesses.  I'd do the work myself but I'm partially disabled, so a bit limited.  My home borders on BLM land in northern Nevada, so a sxs 4 seater is kind of a must have. for visiting family and friends.

Any advice will be appreciated.
  • Gallery Images