Quantcast

Landmaster opinions

I am lookong into getting a utv to use around the hoise and farm, along with some easy trail riding. I won't be going crazy on the trails, but would like to take it into the woods some.

Has anyone had experience with an american sports works Landmaster? I can't afford and really wouldn't want to spend 8,9 or 10 k on a ranger, rhino etc... Is this a good alt? 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I own a 2010 American Sportworks with the Subaru/Robins 285 engine. Mine runs great. There are no old garden hose gaskets or any scrap metal pieces on mine. Before I got it it was used almost daily on a farm and in a huge pecan orchard.  As far as I know there have never been any problems with this buggy at all.

Thing is that LandMaster and/or American Sportworks does not build the engines. Mine is a Subaru/Robins and many are Honda, B&S or Kohler engines. While I realize it is not as fast or flashy as other UTVs and rides pretty stiff this works great for what I use it for. I'm older at 60 so speed is not all that important. Mostly just cruising around in the woods , getting up some fire wood, hauling dirt or going to a tree stand or blind.

Guys, so far I gotta say, it's pretty solid little machine.  No it's not a ranger, not the fastest. But it's just what I needed to get from the house to the barn to haul things. Pull my trailer with mulch, etc. Do what I need around the garden, and with mud tires I haven't gotten stuck yet. I'll be saving th next couple years for a bigger one, but for right now I'm happy

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am on my second one.  I got the first Trailwagon in 2008 and it has been a workhorse.   It has been used for hauling and pulling.  Not heavy duty but it did the job I needed on the farm.  I don't need speed. Just dependability    It is still in use but I got a Landmaster, a little more power and still does the job I need around the farm.  Both have Honda engines and with regular maintenance and oil change they are dependable.  Both are very easy to work on.  I am a 68 yr old woman so I like the ease of service.  My only problem with the new one is shifter problems and I may have to replace cables.  I love the product for the price.   

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

That will be according to what kind of shape the engine and clutch is in. Mine is still capable and it has probably 15 years on the original engine and clutch but it has also mostly been adult driven.

04858BB8-14C6-4D6C-87A5-A38B0010078A.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By johnpeter
      2021 Polaris Trail S 1000 Ultimate  On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/154665712448?

• By malenurse13
      We just bought a used 2017 American Landmaster TW450. No hour meter that I can find, so not sure exactly how much it has been used. 
      The first 2 days we had it, the starter was a little sketchy, but it started after 2-3 tries. Sometimes when turning the key, we would hear a loud metal "clink" sound. Like the starter made contact, but didn't have enough power to turn. 
      THIS MORNING... Turning the key, we hear a single click sound. That's it. Even with a new battery, the starter is still doing the same thing. Both batteries (old and new) were reading 12.8 volts on volt meter. So I'm wondering what else could be going on? Any ideas on what to look for would be greatly appreciated...
      Thank you!
    • By Tombo
      How can i Disconnect Hisun 700 2017 UTV  40 km/h speed limiter ? Preferably with a switch. 

• By Louis Limoges
      Hey guys ! I installed a snow track set on my 550 UTV last year and it does a great job even though the engine is not that big. Broke 2 wheel studs so I temporatily replaced them with bolts but I would like to go back to the studs before reinstalling the tracks this winter. Any idea what the default studs are so I can order replacements ? Thx !
      Edit : Any reseller to recommend if I want to order them online in Canada ? 
    • eManualOnline
    • By Alex
      Earlier this week — and after much anticipation — Lexus unveiled the new 2022 LX 600 SUV. It's a luxurious American version of the new Land Cruiser and shares a V6 powertrain with the new Toyota Tundra pickup. The LX wasn't a shock; it's just about the most characteristically "Lexus" vehicle one could imagine, except perhaps the LS sedan. But Lexus also released a different vehicle you would not have expected this week.
      At the end of the LX announcement video, Lexus teased a new mobility concept called the "Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle," or ROV. It's an all-terrain vehicle — or, as we will choose to interpret it, a supremely badass golf cart — that runs on a hydrogen combustion engine. Sadly, Lexus did not include an utterly superfluous spindle grille, although the shape of the front end will certainly remind you of that shape.

An ATV makes perfect sense as a showcase for hydrogen combustion. One of the technology's most significant drawbacks for current production use is that it can't produce as much power as gasoline combustion engines with the same size engine footprint. So a low-speed wood path cruiser could get away with far less power than a recreational on-highway vehicle.
      Read more from source: https://www.gearpatrol.com/cars/a37974052/lexus-off-road-atv-concept/
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By scotthunts
      Does any of you utv enthusiast own a "hybrid " model. I have researched for hours and the only true hybrid I could find has been discontinued since 2016. It was made by American Landmaster. I know there are a few companies that have hybrids but the gas motor on them is only a generator to keep the electric running. The Landmaster hybrid actually had a Subaru Gas engine and an electric motor as well. The electric ran the front axle and tires and the gas would run the back. To me this sounds like the perfect match but American Landmaster said they did not sell many so they discontinued them. You had a choice to run all gas, all electric, or both. The nice thing is when you ran the gas it would charge the batteries as well. I lease some hunting land and I think this combo would be excellent for me. I could run the gas to do food plots, put up and maintain stands or any other "off season" projects. During hunting season I could use the electric for a little more silent ride. What do you guys (and gals) think? Does anyone have one? Do you know of anyone? All and info positive or negative would be appreciated! Thanks in advance - Scott 
    • By scottbliz
      I am having shifter problems.  The gears are grinding and now it will not go into neutral.  Is it easier to adjust the cables from under the hood or under the bed?  Both are difficult to reach for an old woman.  
    • By Josh
      I have a land master  LM 400. Starts up just fine and idles fine but as soon as I run it for a little bit it seems to start sputtering so I pulled a choke out and it runs fine for a couple seconds and then I push the choke back in and it just shuts off. Any suggestions as to why? 
    • By Chris Miller
      Good Morning Folks..Happy New Year, I have been having some intermittent issues with my 2015 American Landmaster LM500 not going into neutral. Seems if I shut the engine off it would pop into neutral. Yesterday I was splitting firewood with a 500 pound log splitter that I pushed to my wood area up a slight grade. I was not able to get it into neutral which I assumed was due to the pressure of the weight of the splitter pushing back. after I finished splitting wood, I used the weight of the splitter to roll back down the hill to my driveway. I unhooked the splitter but still could not get it to go into neutral or start. I dragged it back into my barn with my mower as I don't leave anything outside over night. I am at a loss what to check to try to fix this. I use my UTV (Eustas) every day that I am at my place where I keep it and will be lost without it. Thoughts? 
    • By Beardy13
      Has anyone ever installed a exhaust silencer on there Landmaster? I recently retired from the military and having a lot more time to deer hunt and want something to quite my utv’s exhaust so it’s not so loud going up the mountain. Thanks! 
  • Gallery Images