Quantcast

Fuel pump power

Mv148

First time here and new to the utv world so any help would be appreciated. I recently purchased a  2013 big horn 500 and really have been enjoying it.Ran perfect until recently started killing at idol then completely shut off. Purchaed new fuel pump and wire hornace and still nothing. I'm not getting 12v at the pump. Any thoughts on what else could be cutting off the voltage ? No dealers in the New Orleans area so not much local help...... thanks 

IMG_2287.JPG

Welcome to the forum! 

Buy a shop service manual from the manufacturer. This will have information that sooner or later WILL be needed! Unlike a car manual, these things are only thirty bucks or so. I don't recommend any online pdf type manual, unless that's all there is to be found. There's always critical information missing. Get the actual manual. You'll need it eventually, and they get harder to find, as the machine gets older. You'll be glad you did!

Have you checked the fuses, as well as the relay? And when you replaced the harness, was the main ground wire making good solid contact.

Unlike a car, where everything is pretty much protected, and wires usually don't just come loose on their own. On these vehicles, sometimes running over brush, and logs etc. Not to mention general abuse/fun. Wires can get compromised. The manufacturer typically leaves the undercarriage open to this kind of damage. So if my machine gets to acting up, in such a way that seems electrical. Many times I've just crawled underneath, and found a lump of ripped up brush, hung up on some exposed wiring, wherever it's got a frame attachment point. Pull that clump out, and you sometimes find damaged wiring. Or it can pull it loose, from something else. But it can give you a place to start, in the search for whatever the issue is.

I put a skid plate under mine several years ago, and haven't had any of this type of problems since.

Not saying that this is your problem, but in your situation, with your machine, the way you use it. After checking the fuses, and any relays, checking the undercarriage is also necessary. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Bill Kresge
      Been using our beloved 2005 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO for many years to get us around with tools, feed, and other farm work. Each winter it has plowed us out of just about anything north central WA winters have thrown at us.  Problem is I'm going to be 70 this year and riding around in the open with temps in the teens and plowing 4,000 of gravel driveway is getting tougher.
      So we are looking for a strictly utilitarian UTV. No trail riding, no need for beverage cups, no bluetooth speaker systems, not a diesel and not electric Just a good solid vehicle with a full cab, something that I can hook a snow plow system to that will handle up to 8 to 12" of snow once every few years but mostly 4 to 6" at a time. Probably my last buy and I'd like something reliable with some longevity, not too hard to find parts for and that I can do a fair amount of the work on.
      Does such a piece of equipment that meets those requirements even exist anymore and if so I'd appreciate some recommendations. Thanks
    • By NewtoUTV
      We just purchased the Coleman UT400, I put 5 gallons of fuel in the tank and the fuel indicator still reads "empty".  After looking around the fuel tank, I found a tube that is only connected at one end, maybe this is the issue?  I have been looking for a more comprehensive manual that may show how this tube should be connected, no luck.  Looking for help on this issue/issues.  Thank you.

• By Travis
      Had some of that bedliner  left over, so I decided to do the floorboard as it was in rough shape, cosmetic wise. surprised it didn't leave brush marks.
    • By Alex
      Earlier this week — and after much anticipation — Lexus unveiled the new 2022 LX 600 SUV. It's a luxurious American version of the new Land Cruiser and shares a V6 powertrain with the new Toyota Tundra pickup. The LX wasn't a shock; it's just about the most characteristically "Lexus" vehicle one could imagine, except perhaps the LS sedan. But Lexus also released a different vehicle you would not have expected this week.
      At the end of the LX announcement video, Lexus teased a new mobility concept called the "Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle," or ROV. It's an all-terrain vehicle — or, as we will choose to interpret it, a supremely badass golf cart — that runs on a hydrogen combustion engine. Sadly, Lexus did not include an utterly superfluous spindle grille, although the shape of the front end will certainly remind you of that shape.

An ATV makes perfect sense as a showcase for hydrogen combustion. One of the technology's most significant drawbacks for current production use is that it can't produce as much power as gasoline combustion engines with the same size engine footprint. So a low-speed wood path cruiser could get away with far less power than a recreational on-highway vehicle.
      Read more from source: https://www.gearpatrol.com/cars/a37974052/lexus-off-road-atv-concept/
    • eManualOnline
    • By Ridge Runner
      Hi

Need advice on a fuel filter.  This is a 2019 Coleman 550 Outfitter.  Manual said to change fuel filter.  Mine was assembled without a inline filter between the in tank fuel pump and the injector.  I called Coleman, they told it was supposed to have a fuel filter.  They sent me a metal inline filter and two clamps.  The fuel line has what looks like an aluminum outer cover.  I’m assuming the fuel line is a rubber one.  Before cutting the line I looked at the metal fuel filter to see the direction of flow.  Nothing marked on the filter.  I called Coleman.…. They couldn’t help me, even after speaking to a Tech rep.   It’s fuel injected, so I don’t want to screw this up.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Should I throw this filter away, and buy something else?  I have replaced plenty of fuel filters on lawn mowers etc, but all were clear plastic, with directional arrows.  Since this fuel injected, I’m thinking I must ypuse the special clamps, that require special pliers to tighten, and I might need a pressure capable filter?

thanks
  • Gallery Images