Once i get the cylinder honed, the only remaining problem is the crankshaft shim.. And i have a few questions.
1. In the manual it gives a solution to the problem i'm having of the crank NOT spinning when the cover on (by hand).
2. And i just can't wrap what's left of my brain around the instructions, i guess use a caliper to measure? (instructions circled in red)
(my brother has been helping me, he's fairly knowledgeable with this stuff, but more Diesel engines than anything) and he says to use a dial indicator set up, and to use this* as a spec for end play. and that would help us get the measurements needed in picture #2.
1st pic is the runout. But is it the same as crankshaft end play? 🤔
2nd pic is of the instructions (solution) to get the correct shim.
I don't know, maybe this makes sense the way i wrote it.
By POS mule 550
I have a Mule 550, what year I do not know. It is completely stock as far as I know. It has the original 10" wheels and I would like to upgrade to a 12" because I need to run more asphalt friendly tires. If there is harder tire available for the 10" wheels, PLEASE let me know. My question is what do I need to know to order the correct wheel size and tire size to make this swap. Links to dealers with these options would be greatly appreciated.
2011 Polaris Ranger Crew 500cc.
- Purchased Brand New
- Always Maintained
- Everything Works
- Seats 4-6 Comfortably
- Brand new roof from Polaris (Cost $400)
- (2) 4 LED Lights (Cost $120)
- Hydraulic Assisted Liftgate
- Only 76.9 Hours
- Fast for a 500cc
- Selectable 4x2 - 4x4 Drive
- Comes with Title and all other paperwork
Only $8750, pick up only.
Email ([email protected]) or text at 401-529-9795, no calls.
*Please don't send me messages on here as I probably wont reply*