Quantcast

Joyner Trooper T4

Macca

I own a Trooper T4 and during routine maintenance found that the rear R/H side shock had nil gas pressure (rear L/H side good with 145 psi) Found problem with leaking valve stem of which I have now fixed. The manual says 145 psi for shocks. Does this apply to the two front shocks as well which are much smaller than the rear? Both front shocks showing 45 psi. Would welcome any advice.

Macca

Australia 

silverbullet

If the shock is empty and schrader valve was leaking.You should use nitrogen gas you can just air them up with air compressor.The nitrogen gas has no moisture in it.Any where from 120 to 180 psi.The more pressure you will stiffen the ride.Front and rear shocks.Custom cams make a ton more torque.If you want that chery engine to make more power go with cams you do not have to remove head you can do it on the Trooper we will have a video and instruction.

Rich

silverbullet

HI Just go to You Tube and put in silverbulletmotorsports  cams.Should come up we are going to make new video.In the Video you see we did not remove the head.Take a look this cam guy makes some great performance.The cams will make the power Trooper should have been built with.Not pokey any more hills sand no problem.It brings torque up off the scale.

Rich

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By JSmojo
      I've been looking at various types of UTVs in the 400-700cc range. It seems that Massimo has a really good price point but I don't know much about their reliability and availability of parts. Been looking specifically at their T-Boss 550. I've heard the parts might be an issue because the network is smaller, but couldn't find much info from owners.
      Here are a few specific questions about them
      1. In your opinion, are the reliable? Specifically, have you hand any parts break that in your mind shouldn't have? 
      2. If you had one and got rid of it, what was the reason? 
      3. If you don't recommend Massimo, what would you recommend (even if it costs a little more)?
      4. How easy is it to find a place to service them? How easy is it to get parts if you want to service it yourself? 
      If you have any other advice, I would appreciate it. I'm also looking at the Hisun Sector 550.
    • By Smittay
      Looked at a lot of UTVs lately. Couple Questions about Hisun. Some people say they are just cheap with no customer service. Other people seem to have no problems with them.
      Any opinions on Hisun reliability?
      Heard parts are hard to get. Is that true?
      If you had one and didn't like it what do you recommend?

• By nods
      Less than 40 miles can barely start. Dealer is working with Hisun on a number of other issues on this UTV. Can not get clear info on the meaning of these E codes this is getting. Anybody have some clear info for me?
    • By Jon C
      Hello to anyone who reads this. I am Jon and I own J&M Outdoor Power, a very small, small engine repair shop. I was approached by Coleman about 6 months ago to become one of their Warranty Centers.
      I recently received 3 different UT400's and a UT500 all with similar issues. These units range from 2 months to 2 years old. Customers state that the unit(s) was/were running fine, then heard a pop and a loss of power, two would no longer start. The two that would run would not achieve normal operating speed (around 20mph I would say) without redlining the RPMs. I quickly found that the Valve lash on each unit had become too large on some(both intake and exhaust) and too tight on one(just intake). 
      After setting the gaps to .005(I found multiple different people suggesting bigger and smaller gaps, but no definitive Coleman Spec number yet) every unit starts, runs, and achieves top speed without issue.
      I don't know how many others have come across these issues, and I wanted to get something out on the web for others in the same predicament. 
      Please let me know if you have had similar issues.
      Edit: I realize that this will not be a fix all solution for this issue, as the oil level and condition should be verified before moving to the valves. Many times improper oil conditions will cause valve lash to change. These units all have good oil and proper oil changes.