Quantcast

Joyner Trooper T4

Macca

I own a Trooper T4 and during routine maintenance found that the rear R/H side shock had nil gas pressure (rear L/H side good with 145 psi) Found problem with leaking valve stem of which I have now fixed. The manual says 145 psi for shocks. Does this apply to the two front shocks as well which are much smaller than the rear? Both front shocks showing 45 psi. Would welcome any advice.

Macca

Australia 

silverbullet

If the shock is empty and schrader valve was leaking.You should use nitrogen gas you can just air them up with air compressor.The nitrogen gas has no moisture in it.Any where from 120 to 180 psi.The more pressure you will stiffen the ride.Front and rear shocks.Custom cams make a ton more torque.If you want that chery engine to make more power go with cams you do not have to remove head you can do it on the Trooper we will have a video and instruction.

Rich

silverbullet

HI Just go to You Tube and put in silverbulletmotorsports  cams.Should come up we are going to make new video.In the Video you see we did not remove the head.Take a look this cam guy makes some great performance.The cams will make the power Trooper should have been built with.Not pokey any more hills sand no problem.It brings torque up off the scale.

Rich

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By SIO
      Does anyone no how to to adjust these shocks. never had shocks with the fast and slow adjustments. But the main problem is it rides ruff. My bike came with the shocks set at 7 1/2" from center of nut to top of spring. The book calls for 5.5" front and 4.7" rear and they say max. Just want to make sure before moving them that far.
    • By hdtran
      That's the question! Or, if you want to add details:
      (a) How do you use the UTV? (roads? off-road to get to trees? etc.)
      (b) If you are wearing a helmet--how frequently? What type of helmet?

My own answers: (a) Most of the time off-road to get to downed trees, cut the trees to logs and haul the logs back for splitting. (b) Very rarely, a ski helmet and not a motorcycle helmet.
    • By The Road Hound
      Hi, 
      New to the forum. 
      Came here looking for some experienced UTV users who can enlighten me about which brand should I pick for my very first UTV or SXS. 
      I'm between 3 brands and 3 models: 
      *Kawasaki MULE PRO-FXR   1000.
      *Yamaha wolverine rmax2. 
      *Can am Commander XTP. 
      The use I'm willing to give it is mostly to go to the range with my wife, load steel targets and all our shooting gear, we shoot a lot, rifles, Shotguns and Handguns for practice, training and competition. (Range is about 10 miles from home) 
      But also I want something that I can take to the trails and have fun on dirt, mud, rocks, puddles or creeks. 
      Any objective information will be appreciated, specially which is more reliable and durable. 
      Thank you and happy 4th of July. 

• By Retired Plumber
      The rear differential lock light is on and I would like to get it off. How do I do that it is a Coleman UTV700.
    • By djl
      Hi All.  The splines are pretty well worn where the rear driveshaft fits into the adapter (boss?) on the rear of the engine.  I have a new driveshaft / adapter / seal to install but am having difficulty loosening the nut holding the adapter onto the transmission output shaft.  I purchased a chain-type vice grip tool thinking that I could get it around the adapter to prevent it from turning but have not had any luck getting it in there yet (very tight space).  What approaches have you used that have worked?  Thanks!