Quantcast

Temperature switch location

I have a 2011 Kawasaki mule model 4010 with gasoline engine.  The cooling fan is not working. I took the front cover off and unplugged the fan and it works fine on a 12 volt battery. The fuse is good also. I am having trouble finding the temp switch.  Most sources say it is on the radiator but there is not one on this model.  Is in on the engine?

Fan, fuse and relay is good. I can inject 12 volts at relay and fan works.  The sensor on engine resistance seems ok but voltage is not right. I hooked a 100 ohms resistor in hope that would trick ECU into turning on the fan relay with no luck.

I  need to pull ECU and check  wiring and contacts for corrosion. I have unhooked battery in hopes of resetting computer. Raining now.

If ECU is bad I may just install a toggle switch and run fan that way.  

Now that cooler weather is here the fan will not be coming on much anyway.  I hope there is not another problem lurking around.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Liv4upoutdoors
      Has any one replaced their radiator fan to the Massimo 410.  My buck is overheating.   I checked fuse which was good... then  I was going to jump the fan switch and have it run all the time but its not turning on.  So much for the easy fix.   I guess my next step is to replace the fan.  I would like to get the same fan so its easy to switch out.  There isn't alot of room to work in there.   So trying to make it alittle easier.  Thank you kindly for your input.  

• By Tracker800
      Has anyone found a good cover for a 800SX LE. Cabela's has a good heavy duty cover with zippers so you can access the cab without removing the cover but the dimension sizes are too small for the Tracker. 
    • By EJW
      I have a 2011-12 Hisun Yard Sport HS700. Engine gets hot, but radiator does not. Changed the water pump, still the same. Service manual parts #15, 16, & 17 (pages 283-284) shows a "Save Temperture" #15, which looks like a thermostat. Service manual also parts #9, 10 & 11 shows it without a thermostat. Does this unit have a thermostat?
    • By J Gill
      any suggestions? my 2019 mule sx fi wont idle down completely, I have to lift the box and flick the throttle lever and it comes back down.
    • eManualOnline
    • By John Chauvin
      My 800 sx with 75 hours is under warranty and began rough idle and unburned fuel coming out exhaust. I am located in eastern Arizona 5.5 hour drive from selling dealer (Bass Pro) in Mesa, Az. Called Tracker factory and they tell me there are dealers in Prescott and in Lake Havasu Az in far west Arizona. Tracker needs to find and appoint a dealer in Show Low Az if they want to compete with Polaris in the White Mountains. Show low is only 90 miles from me and I could live with that.