Quantcast

Travis

Mule brake fluid leak

It's been leaking VERY slowly over the past couple years, just  had to add a minute amount of brake fluid every few months. Now i have to i add about 3/4 of a cup every 5 days.

i took the rear tire off, where it is leaking from, cleaned up the outside of the drum and it looks like the fluid is leaking from where the   "outer" drum meats the inner drum, #41038. guessing its the brake cylinder inside..... any other thoughts. I made sure the brake line is tight too.

F2240.GIF

That's what i was thinking too. A new one is 90 dang bucks though! no rebuild kits available.

after having it 18 years, this is the only problem, than besides  putting new rings on the pistons and gaskets.

although i would buy the new one as rebuild does not always work well, have you tried taking the slave cylinder to car quest and see if they have a kit that will fit. i have done this with the alternator and other parts that they did have them for other vehicles [ same part] at alot cheaper prices. i have also found parts on ebay and amazon at much cheaper prices.

Took the wheel apart today. The seals on the end of the cylinder where cracking and leaking. went to O'rielly auto, Autozone and Advance auto, no  cylinder or repair kits.

Called the  Pro powersports, $85.00 and it i can i pick it up friday.  I found some on Ebay, but they were rebuilt units.

2 weeks on the new wheel cylinder, haven't had to add any fluid at all and the leak has stopped!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.