Quantcast

Mule brake fluid leak

Travis

It's been leaking VERY slowly over the past couple years, just  had to add a minute amount of brake fluid every few months. Now i have to i add about 3/4 of a cup every 5 days.

i took the rear tire off, where it is leaking from, cleaned up the outside of the drum and it looks like the fluid is leaking from where the   "outer" drum meats the inner drum, #41038. guessing its the brake cylinder inside..... any other thoughts. I made sure the brake line is tight too.

F2240.GIF

although i would buy the new one as rebuild does not always work well, have you tried taking the slave cylinder to car quest and see if they have a kit that will fit. i have done this with the alternator and other parts that they did have them for other vehicles [ same part] at alot cheaper prices. i have also found parts on ebay and amazon at much cheaper prices.

Took the wheel apart today. The seals on the end of the cylinder where cracking and leaking. went to O'rielly auto, Autozone and Advance auto, no  cylinder or repair kits.

Called the  Pro powersports, $85.00 and it i can i pick it up friday.  I found some on Ebay, but they were rebuilt units.

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By packersfan
      I have a hisun 500 got from a auction and when turning a corner left or right it's a two hand job then when you left go snaps back.any help on what to look at would be appreciated.
      Also blows blue smoke until she gets warm then it's ok 
    • By Felderlostnspace
      2016, Hisun 500 turns over great but Spark plug is firing when I turn the ignition key on. I’ve got good fuel pressure to the injector. Pulled plug out and it is wet with. gasoline. Air filter is clean. Turns over great just does not even try to pop or start.. I’ve checked off uses and they are good when I turn the key on I’m getting power to the injector.. I’m not hearing the injector pulsing, but may just be my hearing.. With the spark plug getting wet with gas I feel like the injector is pulsing and spraying. Any suggestions would be great. I don’t know the hours on the unit offhand, but it has 600 miles on it. Thank you for your comments and advanced.
    • By ILoveOldJunk
      Recently acquired a 21 year old Mule.  The previous owner let the brake master cylinder run dry, and when I flushed the brakes, one wheel's brakes locked up.  I took the wheel off, but cannot get the axle nut off, and there is not enough space to get my gear puller behind the drum anyway.  Anybody had an issue with seized brakes?  How can I get this thing off to replace it or rebuild it?
    • By lowgear52
      Does anyone out there have a rear differential for a trooper for sale?
    • By AndySwish33
      Brand new t boss 550. couple of questions. 

1.  Do you need speakers in order to play music ?  Hooked my phone to Bluetooth no sound 
      2.  On screen registration.. it won’t let me fill in the info on the touch screen.  Navigation works but the registration portion does not 
      3.  Is there a data plan you can get or need ?  

thanks everyone