Quantcast

Best SXS For Farm

the main thing is what's your budget? 

I would stay way from any "Cub Cadet" or "Massimo" utv's. parts aren't very easy find.

I would look at the Kawasaki Mule's, either the 610, or the Pro  FX series.

if that doesn't suit your fancy, probably a  Polaris Ranger would be the next best bet.

are there any dealers close by?

If you'll be spending a lot of time in the mud. You might want to think about one that has the six wheels, like the John Deere gator. Most of the top brands will work great in the mud, but they'll chew up a lot of ground doing it, when loaded. Independent suspension will help with a lot of the problems of traction. Also allowing larger, more aggressive tires to be added. But a buggy like that isn't ideal for towing, or hauling a load. 

What I'm saying is that you really need to fully understand the actual use it'll get. If it's truly intended for something like a working, muddy, dairy farm. The 6 wheel gator, or Polaris Ranger is popular there. I'd certainly check to see what Kubota has available. If you just need to hunt pigs in the back forty, then I'd suggest something small, with upgradeable power. They made a million Yamaha rhinos. Must be something to that. But as Travis has said, parts availability is key. So that means a well known brand. Also, factory authorized service can be handy if you don't work on it. 

If you're just fishing for a specific brand to begin your search. I'd check out the local tractor dealer. I know that Deere, and Kubota both have a SxS. Maybe the others have something? But this suggestion comes from the parts availability standpoint. I have a kawasaki mule, and dealerships are opening, and closing so fast, I have to make sure they're still there before making the drive. Most parts are dealer parts, and some things are best done in person. One last thing, you definitely want to consider a diesel. Gas is good for tearing up the grass, and mud, and flying over the berms. But when it comes to slow deliberate power, diesel is the way to go! That may dramatically change your options.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By buckrub
      Hey guys! Newbie here. I'm an old man who's better with plowing a mule (4-legged kind) than these newfangled beasts. I, and a friend of mine, just bought new Coleman sxs and are having to finish the assembly. I've been reading on this site and I'm falling on the mercy of you experts. The only way I'm an expert is that an "ex" is a has been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure. LOL First off, the 2 buggies have no ignition switches. They seem to mount on the dash, not the opening in the steering wheel shaft cover, so we ordered new ones that are supposed to fit. They are 8 inches long, and have a 4-wired white plugin which is slightly rectangled when looking at the end of the plug. The trouble is there's nothing to plug into. There is a three-wire grey plug close enough to reach the four-wire plug, but of course, they are not compatible. 
      Secondly, the blinker, light, ect. unit on steering wheel just spins around when touched. I see no way in heaven or earth to secure it. I've looked at a diagram on the Powersports site, but can't detect how it mounted. Fellows I'd be so grateful for any help with this. Me and my mule will even plow your garden for free, for your help. LOL 

• By moonrover
      Mine is overheated/burned/melt at connection with its wire connector, parts are ordered to replace both them.  This seems to be a common issue, and some of you already replaced it. I right now just connect the wires, so the fan runs  all the time whenever the initiation is on, but it's better let fan runs as needed with a working temperature sensor/switch. 
      Question: Does some coolant come out by removing the switch/sensor from radiator?  Or, is the threaded hole all the way inside radiator?   If the answer is yes,  I want to drain or extract  some coolant to make its level below the sensor before replacing it, so I don't make a mess with coolant spilled out 
      Thank you.  
    • By Richard shepard
      I have a 2021 colman 400utv engine will start and idle, as soon as you hit throttle to move engine dies and will only start when you throttle it, let off throttle it dies, I replaced the injector and plug still the same, anyone have any other ideas
    • By LindaCall60
      Purchased a 2011 bighorn banchee. Needs motor work. Not sure what. Husband is mechanic but not computer savvy. So, is there a manual that will tell him how to tear this down?  We have down loaded a service manual, but he says it doesn't tell him what he is looking for. 
    • By Kalyla Jackson
      Hey all!
      I'm on a mission to buy my first UTV soundbar as a gift for my dad. I'm aiming for something that offers great sound quality without breaking the bank – my budget is around $250. Right now, I'm considering options like ecoxgear, kemimoto, and boss.
      Does anyone have experience with these brands or specific models that you'd recommend? Any advice or suggestions would be super appreciated!
      Thanks in advance for your help!