Quantcast

Tom Rosecke

2018 Hisun Sector 750 Crew Excessive Sound

So i have a 2018 Hisun Sector 750 Crew and while driving the noise level is outrageous.  I want to find a way to decrease the decibel level, so does anyone have any ideas!!! i was thinking about installing foam on the roof enclosure and possibly putting something around the engine bay area.  I have not found any companies that makes a suppressor for the muffler...Any help would be appreciated.  thank you

• Like 1

I have a diesel mule that has the intake in the rops bar. It's loud also. A back window tamed the noise to a tolerable level. Since I'm not familiar with your machine, it might not be helpful. But insulating, and deflecting that noisemaker away from the cab would be the way to approach this.

Just a shot in the dark here. But I see those black truck bedliners, on the side of the road that've blown out of a truck. That stuff would be an excellent material to fabricate what you've described.

I used this for good effect - self sticking with aluminum foil on exposed side.  

Noico 80 mil 10 sqft car Sound deadening mat, Butyl Automotive Sound Deadener, Audio Noise Insulation and dampening

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ArrowLobber
      I'm new to this forum. I recently picked up a Hisun "Coleman" Trail Tamer 800 that was ran way too hard. Trying to learn as much as I can about Hisuns. I have done a complete engine rebuild, replaced the crank, con rods, pistons, rings, head gaskets, base gaskets. cam chains, U joints, front a-arms, replaced all rear pads, repacked trailing arm bearings. Replaced the rear diff with a used one, have a rebuild kit in the cabinet. Put it all together, no spark. Somehow got spark and fuel and it started and purred like a kitten. Pulled the exhaust off to replace the gaskets, replaced the battery and starting relay switch. Turns over but no spark and no fuel again. Have taken apart almost every connection and added grease, still nothing. So jumped on this forum to try and apply any learnings from here to my project. I'm about to pull all of my hair out and Ima already going bald. Any help and input is GREATLY appreciated.
      Arrow Lobber
    • By TCAM
      I recently purchased a 2020 Massimo 400 EFI and  began installing soundproofing to lower the overall body noise.  The model I choose is the crew cab with rear facing seat and diamond plate bed.  
      the first phase involved removing the rear deck and applying Noico 80 mil sound deadening mat over the exposed diamond plate sections of the underside.  This immediately removed the  sound of vibrating metal plate!
      Next phase is to continue this application to the interior of the plastic  around the engine compartment and then any other plastic panel that has a "hollow" sound.   It will add 2-3 pounds to the overall vehicle weight  but it makes a huge difference in noise reduction.  One question I have - there is a vent directly in front of the engine (behind a drivers leg about calf level)  I am strongly thinking about covering this as the level of engine noise here is huge.  The engine is water cooled so I don't think this is a problem as the air input is minimal - but i don't wish to overheat the engine.
      Thoughts?  

• By ArrowLobber
      I'm new to this forum. I recently picked up a Hisun "Coleman" Trail Tamer 800 atv that was ran way too hard. I know this is a SXS forum but I'm trying to learn as much as I can about Hisuns and there is very little out there about the ATV's. I have done a complete engine rebuild, replaced the crank, con rods, pistons, rings, head gaskets, base gaskets. cam chains, U joints, front a-arms, replaced all rear pads, repacked trailing arm bearings. Replaced the rear diff with a used one, have a rebuild kit in the cabinet. Put it all together, no spark. Somehow got spark and fuel and it started and purred like a kitten. Pulled the exhaust off to replace the gaskets, replaced the battery and starting relay switch. Turns over but no spark and no fuel again. Have taken apart almost every connection and added grease, still nothing. So jumped on this forum to try and apply any learnings from here to my project. I'm about to pull all of my hair out and Ima already going bald. Any help and input is GREATLY appreciated.

2014 Coleman "Hisun" Trail Tamer 800
    • By tesla440
      Dropped the Pricing!!!

Have a newer Motorhome you'd like to trade towards this?? Let's talk!!!!
      2018 Polaris RZR XP 4 Turbo Dynamix Edition
      36 hrs on Engine
      492 Miles
      Lots of Extras
      Low Profile Front Bumper 4x Lower Half Doors Rear View Mirror Folding Side Mirrors Poly Flip Down Front Windshield RIDE COMMAND Interactive Display with GPS Dynamix Active Suspension Triton ATV128 Trailer Included!!! 4x Helmuts 4x Goggles + More
      Located in Brookfield, WI 53005

NADA average Sale Price $28,017

ASKING $24,997 OBO INCLUDES TRAILER (See 2nd post for pix)

I want this gone before the snow flies!

Best to call/text 414-217-7632  

• By Ed Crissip
      This is my first UTV. I'm looking for hunting/fishing setup ideas that everyone has done. O r just different mods. I'm working with a clean slate