Quantcast

New Hisun Owner

ArrowLobber

I'm new to this forum. I recently picked up a Hisun "Coleman" Trail Tamer 800 that was ran way too hard. Trying to learn as much as I can about Hisuns. I have done a complete engine rebuild, replaced the crank, con rods, pistons, rings, head gaskets, base gaskets. cam chains, U joints, front a-arms, replaced all rear pads, repacked trailing arm bearings. Replaced the rear diff with a used one, have a rebuild kit in the cabinet. Put it all together, no spark. Somehow got spark and fuel and it started and purred like a kitten. Pulled the exhaust off to replace the gaskets, replaced the battery and starting relay switch. Turns over but no spark and no fuel again. Have taken apart almost every connection and added grease, still nothing. So jumped on this forum to try and apply any learnings from here to my project. I'm about to pull all of my hair out and Ima already going bald. Any help and input is GREATLY appreciated.

Arrow Lobber

Alright, there should be a kill wire that goes to the magneto, find it, and if possible un plug it, then try to start it. If it does something is wrong with the wire its self (shorting somewhere) or your ignition system, if does not start with The kill wire disconnected most likely a faulty coil.

And did you set The air gap properly?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Ric Silveira
      I like to get ngk idirinium plug for it anyone know part number.
      Thank you
    • By Ric Silveira
      Got me a New Coleman Outfitter 2021 400
      and joining here to hopefully learn lots about it.
      I understand it's not top of the line but couldn't offord other. I'll be using it for riding around the neighborhood and light off reading here in Southwest Florida and not planing on beating it just some fun with my wife
    • By Fib103182
      I have owned my 2015 Hisun HS700 Crew  for about 3 or 4 months now. I got it used and was supposed to run good but was not put all the back together from a stator upgrade due to previous owner said he was going to out a stereo system on it. Anyway I have worked it much more than I have rode it. I seem to work on it 2 days and ride it for a hour. Me, my wife, and 2 kids (10 and 18) enjoy it but the engine compartment gets so hot. I've replaced the water pump and burped the cooling system and any other thing I could think of to bleed the air out and think its good with no air and water circulating. Fan seems to run fine and be on about all the time. Changed the coolant twice and oil 3 times. I noticed the engine really has nowhere for heat to go because heat rises and no air flow at all. Has anyone had any experience in this area? Any DIY tricks or any advice in removing the heat out of the engine compartment and getting it to a tolerable temperature. Im about to sell it if I can't figure something out and go waste money on a big name brand but I won't have red legs and arm from engine heat burning me and my wife. They machine never acts like its to hot or anything but it feels like it is. Thanks in advance for any and all help. 
    • By Karlibob
      I have a 2020 800 sx with about 16 hours on it.  From day one I have heard a clunking noise from the front end going over bumps.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Also this past weekend while out riding I heard a noise that sounded like the dump bed bounced three or four different times, again has anyone experienced anything like that.  Thanks, gary
    • eManualOnline
    • By Byron Johnson
      Does anyone have a had time starting there utv.
      I have a T-Boss 750 and I have had to put 2 starters in and put heavier wire to the starter but it still has a problem starting. it will turn over and than die before it wil turn over again. could it be that there is to much compression that might cause this problem

Thank you
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By AdamG
      View File 2015 Hisun Axis/Forge 110cc Service Manual
      This is the Service Manual for a 2015 Hisun Axis/Forge 110 ATV.  It may include other years.  
      Submitter AdamG Submitted 06/04/2021 Category Hisun  
    • By AdamG
      This is the Service Manual for a 2015 Hisun Axis/Forge 110 ATV.  It may include other years.  
    • By cliffyk
      View File 2020 Hisun HS400 Service Manual
      This is the latest (MY 2020+) HS400 service manual--, it is dated December 2019, I got it from Hisun and edited it to correct spelling, add bookmarks, and flag obviously bad information (they had the transmission and shift mechanism section completely fouled up, showing the 2-speed (L-H-N-R) tranny from the HS500+ models.
      I inserted a proper transmission shaft (input, counter and output) diagram as well.
      It has a great electrical diagram I posted separately a while back...
      Submitter cliffyk Submitted 04/24/2021 Category Hisun  
    • By cliffyk
      This is the latest (MY 2020+) HS400 service manual--, it is dated December 2019, I got it from Hisun and edited it to correct spelling, add bookmarks, and flag obviously bad information (they had the transmission and shift mechanism section completely fouled up, showing the 2-speed (L-H-N-R) tranny from the HS500+ models.
      I inserted a proper transmission shaft (input, counter and output) diagram as well.
      It has a great electrical diagram I posted separately a while back...
    • By cliffyk
      View File 2017/2018 Hisun HS400 Service Manual
      As the the filename indicates, service manual for the2017/2018 Hisun HS400 and Coleman Outfitter 400/UT400...
      Submitter cliffyk Submitted 03/03/2021 Category Hisun