Quantcast

New Hisun Owner

ArrowLobber

I'm new to this forum. I recently picked up a Hisun "Coleman" Trail Tamer 800 that was ran way too hard. Trying to learn as much as I can about Hisuns. I have done a complete engine rebuild, replaced the crank, con rods, pistons, rings, head gaskets, base gaskets. cam chains, U joints, front a-arms, replaced all rear pads, repacked trailing arm bearings. Replaced the rear diff with a used one, have a rebuild kit in the cabinet. Put it all together, no spark. Somehow got spark and fuel and it started and purred like a kitten. Pulled the exhaust off to replace the gaskets, replaced the battery and starting relay switch. Turns over but no spark and no fuel again. Have taken apart almost every connection and added grease, still nothing. So jumped on this forum to try and apply any learnings from here to my project. I'm about to pull all of my hair out and Ima already going bald. Any help and input is GREATLY appreciated.

Arrow Lobber

Alright, there should be a kill wire that goes to the magneto, find it, and if possible un plug it, then try to start it. If it does something is wrong with the wire its self (shorting somewhere) or your ignition system, if does not start with The kill wire disconnected most likely a faulty coil.

And did you set The air gap properly?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.