Quantcast

Mike McDonald

2013 Intimidator Not Charging Battery

The Intimidator is made in Arkansas and the company was affiliated with the Bad Boy products at one time. The engine is a Kohler 750. I replaced the flywheel and stator a year ago, so I feel like they are okay. The battery was replaced and all the cables are good, no corrosion. 

The wiring diagram shows a rectifier/regulator and an inline fuse that the manual said could be my charging problem.  My  questions are:

1. Are these rectifier/regulators some generic or, are they specific to each machine?

2. Are there UTV parts companies that handle parts for all brands of buggies?

3. If the answer to #2 is yes, could  someone recommend the names of parts companies I could contact?

http://utvpartsandaccessories.com/intimidator/

This could be the place to look for parts.

I think with the regulator, make Sure The prongs are The same as the plug.

more than likely the parts are  generic made by Wee Fewl Yu  in  China.

Even though it says made in USA with American steel.

Alot of other brands make them in the USA, but parts come from abroad.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Robert Sawyer
      I have searched and searched and cannot find online a engine schematic to show me the air idle control location any help would be greatly appreciated For a MSU 500
    • By jkitsmiller
      I bought a used RTV 900 and was told it is a 2012. I thought I would verify that. I can't find anywhere I can look this up.

KRTV900A61057114 is the product identification number.

Thanks for any help.
    • By dalem
      Earlier this year my battery was weak and I had to boost my mule to start it then I decided to remove the battery to check the fluid level which was very low, I set the levels and recharged the battery a few months later it did the same thing, so I had to boost it again then checked the voltage running was getting around 16 vdc ( which is too high) and fluid level was very low again and wouldn't hold a charge. Note: The battery was maybe 1-1/2 years old. Then I replaced the battery and checked the voltage running nothing changed I was only reading battery voltage it wouldn't increase with increased engine speed. I changed the voltage regulator with an aftermarket  one, same thing not charging. I checked the alternator per the service manual which states .3 ohms or less it checks at .2 ohms and not shorted to ground. With the engine running I disconnected the alternator and it had around 22 vac idling and around 60 vac revving the engine, so I figured the regulator was bad so I replaced it with another new one (aftermarket) from a different company, again not charging only reading  battery voltage. I did put the original voltage regulator on nothing changed still not charging. Using the manual wiring diagram did continuity checks going to the voltage regulator everything checks out OK. Now what am I missing?
    • By kandlinaz
      Well, after a bad experience with repairs to our Trooper, Lloyd tore into the engine himself. We originally wanted to save time by hiring the engine rebuild out, but that bit us square in the butt. Remember the discussion about Silverbullet motorsports in Yuma??
      Stay tuned....we'll let you know what happens. 
      Has anyone rebuilt the engine in these troopers?
    • By Mikey
      Does anybody know if a kawasaki FD440V engine will interchange with an FD620D? It looks like the same engine from the outside but has an internal governer which you would not need to connect and a different crank output side so maybe you could swap cranks or have the FD440V splined at a machine shop. It is 15HP instead of 20 HP  which isn't great but is probably plenty of power for most applications, so I am assuming it has a different bore size but you can pick them up for cheap. I don't need an engine now but would like to have a spare on the shelf. The FD440V is used in John Deere rider mowers model LX178.

Here is an example of one on Ebay with decent pics:
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/JOHN-DEERE-LX178-KAWASAKI-FD440V-LIQUID-COOLED-VTWIN-ENGINE-block-for-parts/173956050466?hash=item288096ae22:g:CLkAAOSwTaxdIJ3g