Quantcast

2013 Intimidator Not Charging Battery

Mike McDonald

The Intimidator is made in Arkansas and the company was affiliated with the Bad Boy products at one time. The engine is a Kohler 750. I replaced the flywheel and stator a year ago, so I feel like they are okay. The battery was replaced and all the cables are good, no corrosion. 

The wiring diagram shows a rectifier/regulator and an inline fuse that the manual said could be my charging problem.  My  questions are:

1. Are these rectifier/regulators some generic or, are they specific to each machine?

2. Are there UTV parts companies that handle parts for all brands of buggies?

3. If the answer to #2 is yes, could  someone recommend the names of parts companies I could contact?

http://utvpartsandaccessories.com/intimidator/

This could be the place to look for parts.

I think with the regulator, make Sure The prongs are The same as the plug.

more than likely the parts are  generic made by Wee Fewl Yu  in  China.

Even though it says made in USA with American steel.

Alot of other brands make them in the USA, but parts come from abroad.

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By GRAYWHISKERS
      So my engine was locked up. Pulled flywheel and found alot of mud and the magnets broken. Anyone else have the magnets break?

• By Byron Johnson
      Does anyone have a had time starting there utv.
      I have a T-Boss 750 and I have had to put 2 starters in and put heavier wire to the starter but it still has a problem starting. it will turn over and than die before it wil turn over again. could it be that there is to much compression that might cause this problem

Thank you
    • By Green Scout
      Hello everyone.
      Here I am showing our Green Scout electric all-terrain vehicle.
      All-terrain vehicle 6 wheeled, electric, side-turning. Rides, jumps, dances, swims, but does not fly. The drive is permanent (but you can turn off any wheel arbitrarily through the controller). The power of each wheel is 3 kW at its peak, the total power is 18 kW. Speed up to 60 km / h. Since the all-terrain vehicle is electric, it starts from a place quickly, drives silently (well, of course, the sound from tires and shock absorbers does not disappear).
      The idea of creating such an all-terrain vehicle came after the experience of operating the Argo all-terrain vehicle. The main disadvantages of the wheeled side-turning all-terrain vehicle are low ground clearance, lack of suspension. To get high ground clearance and suspension, there are two outputs on mini all-terrain vehicles - either electric drive or hydraulic. The hydraulics had to be excluded, since at temperatures below -30C it does not work, plus it always flows. As a result, we settled on an electric transmission. Each wheel is a motor-wheel. Naturally, the motor-wheels were being finalized to be able to be installed on an all-terrain vehicle and to be able to swim. The battery is iron-phosphate, all information on the battery, the charge is displayed on the smartphone. Control of the all-terrain vehicle through the on-board computer. Bicycle handlebar controls. Braking either with the sides through a turn of the steering wheel, or with the gas pedal of all wheels at once.
      Overview video of the all-terrain vehicle

• By Michael Hudson
      So my wife picked out a brand new Hisun crew 4x4 750 axis 4x4. When it gets hot it shuts off. This vehicle has less than 20 miles. I'm the dark here. First I have no access to a trouble shooting guide and have even blindly performed the "wiggle tests" as I used to do as a drive ability tech on cars professionally. I'm not able to locate what's getting overheated to cause it to shut off. After awhile it'll start right up and no issues. While trying to duplicate the problem sitting at idle, it'll eventually cut off again. Again when cooled off will start again. 

I'm hating this machine and wished she'd gone with a pricier but more reliable sxs. My grizzly 550 rarely gives me issues that isn't my fault. 
    • eManualOnline
    • By EVSupport
      Sector E1 12v battery. Just been doing a Li ion conversion on a customers E1, and with the old pack disconnected (DC to DC runs all the while with pack connected) the 12v battery was showing 4v. Its worth shutting off the main pack occasionally (big red button near your right leg on UK spec machines)  and checking the 12v battery. Once the pack is off measure the 12v battery with a multimeter, its under the opening beneath the drivers seat behind the drivers legs. . Its important if you use the winch, as the DC to DC isnt man enough on its own to power the winch under load. Its important for me as I need a decent 12v supply to run the Electronics on the conversion. The battery is a YTX20L-BS
  • Gallery Images