Quantcast

Best way to stiffen up 2018 Dominator LT 1000 ride

Kirk Falk

Hello,

I have a 2018 Dominator LT 1000 and I am wanting to stiffen up the ride.  What is the best way to accomplish this, tighten the recoil spring up or add air to the shock.  I can't find any information on the procedure.  Also, since im asking questions........my top end rpms doesnt seem to be where it should be.  Max RPM is 6100 and usually drops down to 5800 maxed out.  Im just wondering if everyone else has the same experience.

Thanks,

Kirk Falk

• 6 months later...
On 3/8/2020 at 8:09 AM, Kirk Falk said:

Hello,

I have a 2018 Dominator LT 1000 and I am wanting to stiffen up the ride.  What is the best way to accomplish this, tighten the recoil spring up or add air to the shock.  I can't find any information on the procedure.  Also, since im asking questions........my top end rpms doesnt seem to be where it should be.  Max RPM is 6100 and usually drops down to 5800 maxed out.  Im just wondering if everyone else has the same experience.

Thanks,

Kirk Falk

You can add preload to the spring and it will raise the body and also on those normally the nitrogen in the shock is low so add nitrogen and bring the psi up to 200psi. Those are emulsion shocks so there is nothing separating the fluid and nitrogen so jack up the machine till the tires are off the ground and then add the nitrogen, Also tighten valve cores as usually they are loose and leaking.

I installed a clutch kit on my 1000 and what a difference that made.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.