Quantcast

Best way to stiffen up 2018 Dominator LT 1000 ride

Kirk Falk

Hello,

I have a 2018 Dominator LT 1000 and I am wanting to stiffen up the ride.  What is the best way to accomplish this, tighten the recoil spring up or add air to the shock.  I can't find any information on the procedure.  Also, since im asking questions........my top end rpms doesnt seem to be where it should be.  Max RPM is 6100 and usually drops down to 5800 maxed out.  Im just wondering if everyone else has the same experience.

Thanks,

Kirk Falk

• 6 months later...
On 3/8/2020 at 8:09 AM, Kirk Falk said:

Hello,

I have a 2018 Dominator LT 1000 and I am wanting to stiffen up the ride.  What is the best way to accomplish this, tighten the recoil spring up or add air to the shock.  I can't find any information on the procedure.  Also, since im asking questions........my top end rpms doesnt seem to be where it should be.  Max RPM is 6100 and usually drops down to 5800 maxed out.  Im just wondering if everyone else has the same experience.

Thanks,

Kirk Falk

You can add preload to the spring and it will raise the body and also on those normally the nitrogen in the shock is low so add nitrogen and bring the psi up to 200psi. Those are emulsion shocks so there is nothing separating the fluid and nitrogen so jack up the machine till the tires are off the ground and then add the nitrogen, Also tighten valve cores as usually they are loose and leaking.

I installed a clutch kit on my 1000 and what a difference that made.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By johnpeter
      2020 can am maverick trail 1000 4x4  On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/324827257531?

• By CodyP
      I have a 2015 strike 1000 and it was very hard to start when I first got it. After pulling the fuel pump and cleaning everything it starts up and idles but just seems to not have any power won’t run over 20mph
    • By johnpeter
      2018 Can-Am X3 XMR Turbo On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/185085863208?

• By Bret4207
      2019 Coleman Outfitter 550, 160-ish hours. Was driving it slowly and it just slowed down and died. Won't start. Pops once as soon as I start cranking and that's it. I have great blue white spark on the spark tester, jumps 1/2". Changed injector, no joy. Changed plugs to new several times, no joy. Pulled injector power wire and tried ether through air intake after removing air filters- nothing! I do notice if I put my hand over the air intake where the filter goes, I get pressure  pushing back at me. Jumped time? Stuck valve? Is there a decompressor on this that could be malfunc?

This is the one I've had that was inop for months and months while Coleman tried to find someone to fix it. Warranty is long expired now. I'll never have anything good to say about this thing.
    • eManualOnline
    • By jeff Pfeiler
      Can anyone please recommend a light bar and mounts for a (2020) Hisun Sector Crew 1000?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Karma
      I am having a problem my 2013 Odes Dominator 800.  I have changed the spark plugs, cleaned the air filter and fuel filter. The battery is new and the motor turns over. If I use a touch of starting fluid, it starts up and runs great. Even after running for a while and being warmed up, it still will start again. I was wondering if anybody would have an idea if I have an electrical problem or a fuel problem.  Thanks!
    • By buckeyze
      Anybody on here have good luck with Odes?
    • By bacon0029
      i have a 2016 odes dominator it starts an idles an drives fine for a little while  an then it will cut out an die like it ran out of gas an wont idle but if you get it in gear an drive it or give it throttle it will run when it cuts out the 4x4 light comes on 
    • By Ryan Knuth
      My dominator will not start. I have checked and charged the battery. It runs all the lights at full brightness and all other electrical systems perfectly well (e.g. winch).  When I attempted to start the UTV, I hear a clicking noise underneath the battery but no other sound. 
      My guess is that either the break or gear "start" solenoid is stuck. I noticed that the UTV will only start when the break is pressed and it is in park. If the solenoid that triggers either of these is stuck, that would explain no starting. Or, the starter is dead?
      Any thoughts?
    • By Odesrider 800
      Hey everyone I bought a used 2016 Odes Dominator 800 x4.. my first impressions aren’t bad.. the engine seems solid, when I bought it it hadn’t been fired up in 8 months so it needed a new battery, once I had a new battery installed it fired right up, and to my surprise everything works, all electrical components dump bed, wench, etc.. 
      However, I took it for a spin for the first time today and first thing i noticed was how stiff the steering was.. I’m beginning to think my power steering might be toast .. breaks are also toast, along with wheel bearings.
      Has anyone any troubles with their power steering and/or found issues with the steering that didnt necessarily require a new power steering Kit?