Quantcast

2019 Hisun Strike 550 no start

Boxing hello i have a 2019 hisun 550  blowing 10 amp fuses for signal and speed sensor  turn signals not when running as far as i no it doesnt shut down just when u go to start  because no start  replace fuse starts up  and runs  no dash lites .like i say everything works  couple days  still works  maybe and hr no go  or start

any ideas  replaced ignition switch 

That really sounds like a short in that circuit. Like its only sparking, when the vehicle moves it around. Especially if it lasts a varying amount of time. 

Of course I could be wrong, but I'd replace the fuse, then turn it on. Try wiggling wires, especially those in the affected circuit. If its a bad switch, or hard component like a pump, or a brake light assembly. Typically the fuse will hold a certain length of time. Usually taking the almost exact amount of time to blow each time. Unless I've misunderstood the problem. Of course hard components can also be loose, and rattle, causing similar symptoms. So all components, as well as connecting wires must be inspected, and wiggled. 

If the dash lights never worked after replacing the fuse, I'd suspect that the problem lies there. Possibly in the dash circuitry itself.

Are you sure that 10A is correct? That's not enough amps for anything but the simplest circuit. As far as it not shutting down. The starting components being dead won't necessarily affect an engine once its running. As far as the electrical system goes, really only the charging circuit, and related components matter once its running.

Isn't this thing still under warranty?

thats the problem iam the warranty  yes it is 10amp i drove around plowed field  wet lands  4ways operating headlites signal lites brake lites  4wd activated  diff locked nothing shut off walked away come back 10-15 minutes later  turned key nothing no headlites turnsignals .no rollover replaced 10amp fuse started rite up

wtf       thanks again gremlin

Sounds like you'll need a wiring diagram for your machine. You'll have to find out what exactly is on that circuit. As I've said before, 10amps isn't much power.

Since electrical diagrams seem to be hard to find for most machines. And for me personally, they're not easy to read. I'd probably try replacing the fuse, and without starting it up. See what works, then pull the fuse, and see what doesn't. That'll give some idea what's on the circuit. I'd also try to see if I could get the fuse to blow while it ISN'T running. Checking the turn signal, and such. That should simplify the whole process. Since then you'll know what activity caused it to blow.

For the next tests I'd start it up, but not drive it. Check each item, pulling the fuse after each test. Wiggling wires, and doing what I could to get the fuse to blow. ANYTHING to narrow it down. But being certain to pull and check the fuse between each test. I'd put it up on jack stands to test the speed sensor.

From my experience, it'll likely be something underneath the vehicle. That's where most of the destructive force is most active. So a thorough visual inspection would be a good idea while its up on stands. Paying close attention to items that are known to be on that circuit, like the speed sensor.

After that it'll be a continuity test. Chasing each wire on that circuit.

sorry beat u to punch done it all  now to remove outer casing on wiring harness to check for  bad or damaged wire

said before signals tails speed sensor  diff lock  2 and 4 wd activator all on ignition and start  solenoid  key off nothing  with key off

turn key on everything   works  then maybe next time nothing or it would start or maybe not .like i say nothing works with key off

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Gorj
      I have had my E1 since late last summer and I have always noticed that the parking brake was weak or non existent. About a month or so after I purchased it I mentioned to the dealer that the parking brake did not function well. What I was expecting from the dealer, ' well bring it in and we will correct the issue.' What I got was the typical dealer response, "it may just need to be adjusted." No shit!  Well I finally decided to adjust it. A very simple process need only two 10mm wrenches.  Open the bed, remove the pin holding the bed  to the strut and move the bad out of the way. Right in front of the electric motor is a brake disk.  That is the parking brake. It has a small set of brake pads that are actuated by a lever attached to parking brake cable.  There are two 10 mm nuts on the shaft to moves the pads. Release the inner nut and hold it in place while screwing in the outer nut - that is really a bolt. After screwing it in about one turn, tighten the other nut.  Check the parking brake. If it is holding when activated, then you are good, but if not, then you may have to turn the bolt another turn. Do not turn to far or you will lock it up.
    • By Ric Silveira
      Like to upgrade to led headlight bulbs
      Anyone know what part number I need to replace the original  bulbs they are terrible cant see anything lol
      Thanks
    • By malenurse13
      We just bought a used 2017 American Landmaster TW450. No hour meter that I can find, so not sure exactly how much it has been used. 
      The first 2 days we had it, the starter was a little sketchy, but it started after 2-3 tries. Sometimes when turning the key, we would hear a loud metal "clink" sound. Like the starter made contact, but didn't have enough power to turn. 
      THIS MORNING... Turning the key, we hear a single click sound. That's it. Even with a new battery, the starter is still doing the same thing. Both batteries (old and new) were reading 12.8 volts on volt meter. So I'm wondering what else could be going on? Any ideas on what to look for would be greatly appreciated...
      Thank you!
    • By Billsectere
      New to the forum. New to UTVs. New to Electric motors.  I just got a 2021 Hisun Sector E to help with moving stuff on my  steep 5 acre wooded mountain patch. Plus I thought it would be fun on the gravel roads in the "neighborhood". Because we are remote and part time to the property, I didn't want the hassle of dumping out old gas or messing with oil and filters and all the usual maintenance of a ICE. But the biggest reason for me was the noise. I test drove the Axis utvs at Tractor Supply Co and they were LOUD. Seemed to ride rough too. If you want quiet, then electric is the way to go. But it does come with a high price tag. And all the electric models are still in their infancy. So its a bit of a gamble too. I bought the property for quiet. I wanted to keep it quiet.
      I liked that the Hisun had the dry cell batteries so there is no maintenance of checking and adding water. I'm a little worried about their lifespan especially after one person's poor utube review about them. But the dealer said the company took that to heart so hopefully changes were made for better batteries. There were no Lithium battery options available anywhere near me. Polaris is supposed to have one later this year. I liked that the Hisun came standard with roof, windshield, winch and trailer hitch. I have had the sector for only one day and worked it and road it good. So far I have a big smile on my face. I wish there was a category for this model on the forum here. Meanwhile, maybe folks will share their insights/ experiences on this thread. I'd like to learn as much about the sector e as I can. There isn't much info in the owners manual.

• eManualOnline
    • By Michael Hudson
      So my wife picked out a brand new Hisun crew 4x4 750 axis 4x4. When it gets hot it shuts off. This vehicle has less than 20 miles. I'm the dark here. First I have no access to a trouble shooting guide and have even blindly performed the "wiggle tests" as I used to do as a drive ability tech on cars professionally. I'm not able to locate what's getting overheated to cause it to shut off. After awhile it'll start right up and no issues. While trying to duplicate the problem sitting at idle, it'll eventually cut off again. Again when cooled off will start again. 

I'm hating this machine and wished she'd gone with a pricier but more reliable sxs. My grizzly 550 rarely gives me issues that isn't my fault. 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By strike250
      View File Hisun Strike 250 Service Manual
      Here is a copy of the Hisun Strike Service Manual, it will also work for the Sector model
      Submitter strike250 Submitted 01/03/2021 Category Hisun  
    • By strike250
      Here is a copy of the Hisun Strike Service Manual, it will also work for the Sector model
    • By Joe in CO
      Hello everyone.  I picked up a 2012 hisun strike 800 UTV.  Previous owner said that it overheated.  They were trying to drive it back to their vehicle and said it just stopped running.  He said he thought it was a blown head gasket.  They replaced fuel pump and looks like a new starter solenoid relay.   It does not have any antifreeze in the oil so don’t think its head gasket (I ordered new ones anyway). It turns over but not with a lot of juice.  (Kind of like an almost dead battery). I put in a new battery but still does the same thing.  Any thoughts?
    • By Quade
      This is my first UTV and it ran great the first 500 miles. Then it slowly got harder and harder to start. Now I have to keep giving it gas when I first start it for about 1 minute until it will idle by itself. This past weekend I took it on the trail and it died 15 minutes into the ride and lost all spark. I got towed home and tried to see if I had spark the next morning which I did and it started but died 10 minutes later. Anyone have any ideas what I should do or check? Anything would help thank you!
    • By Strike1000
      I just purchased a 2015 strike 1000 and it won't engage into 4wd, along with that the cooling fans will not turn off. They run as long as they have enough battery to run. Any advice on how to get either one of those issues solved? Thank you 
  • Gallery Images