Quantcast

Chris B Legge

Volunteer 875 diesel cooling fan does not work

I have checked that the fan operates if you bypass it, I have checked the fuses, I have checked the relays but the fan does not come on and overheats. Has anyone had this experience. HELP!!

Chris Legge

The sending unit would be my best guess. And its the easiest fix, also its probably the most common. It's a simple heat operated switch. So before replacing it, I'd test it for proper operation. Not a simple bypass, but an actual test. Check it for continuity across the two terminals before you start the motor. Get the motor up to temperature, then test it for continuity again. If it reads the same zero continuity, then I'd replace the sending unit. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Fiverr
      Hi Everyone,
      I'm wondering if anyone can help me with their experience. The last time I drove any of this stuff, it was a Honda Big Red 500 and a Honda Odessy dune buggy. I'm looking at a utv for pulling a pull-behind bushhog over about 14 acres of rolling pasture. most places are risky on a tractor, so the utv would have to do the whole thing twice annually. Tractors are made to pull implements that drag and take that abuse. While a pull-behind won't be like a plow, it will put a constant drag on the machine's frame. Would I be asking too much of a utv? And, if not, what kind of specs are we talking about? Diesel or gas? Any dealer will give me a thumbs up, but...
      Thanks,
      Fiverr
    • By Chick Collins
      What has been your experience with Odes, Mike Smith or the Comrade?
    • By Damon Parker
      Looking at getting another sxs, I was thinking about a used 2013/2014 rzr but then starting checking out the 2018/2019 odes x4 1000 but doesn't seem to be much info on them as far as reliability or overall quality.  Any have any good/bad experience with the newer x4s? 
    • By Murph
      I have a 2015 ranger 570 added an inferno heater/defrost and now it overheats any help would be appreciated 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By NewCadetOwner
      Hello everyone.  I purchased a 2017 Challenger 750 eps Crew with 400 miles and find the exhaust noise is awful.  I saw in another post chatter about a 2019 exhaust upgrade?  Anyone have info on this?  I also would like to know the typical RPMs for speed.  I am running 4k at 20mph in hi range and it seems like it does not have the power I expected.  
      So far I have added a custom mount rear winch, soft rear window and upgraded LED headligjt bulbs.  I am looking for any other upgrades people have done.

• By Billbo
      I am trying to figure out the type of battery that I should get for my 2013 Cub Cadet Volunteer.  The old battery says it was 450 CCA, but I've been having trouble finding one with exactly that in the local stores.  My wife picked up a 575CCA (26R) from OReillys.  Will that work?  Or will I ruin something by increasing the CCA?

The attached image is of my old battery.

• By PierceIt
      Hi everyone - I was driving my 2017 Cub Cadet Challenger 750 EPS today on the ranch when it dies on me. It started right up - and then as i was driving after about 50 feet the engine just turned off. It was running perfect before it cut out on me. No alarms, no weird sounds or smells. It just turned off. 
      When I turn the ignition key, the starter cranks away and the battery and starter turns fast and strong - but the engine doesn't start.
      I've confirmed gas flow to the carb - that the fuel filters are clean and clear. I've replaced the spark plug with a brand new one. I checked every fuse with a meter. I have confirmed air filters and airflow are good. 
      But the darn thing cranks away without the engine even making a sputter or even attempting to fire.
      Is there a kill switch somewhere that could have been tripped? I checked the seatbelt sensor, the brake sensor, and parking gear sensor - all are working and i'm in Park, pressing down on the brake, and have the seatbelt latched when i try to start. but - nada!
      It acts like it isn't getting a spark. but like i said i put in a new spark plug. I have a feeling there is a sensor or an electrical kill switch somewhere that tripped. 
      open to any ideas.
      thanks all
      Pierce
    • By oldryder
      Cub Cadet 4X4D Trail J466
      Stopped running today, behaved like it was out of fuel.  Low fuel warning lite was not on but I added some fuel anyway.
      When ignition turned on fuel pump noise was different that usual.  Engine would run a bit but "run out of gas" as soon as load was applied.  Fuel filter less than one season old.
      If it's the fuel pump where is it?
      If you think it's something else what might it be?
      Thx to anyone offering advice.  I have a fair amount of mech experience but almost none with diesels.
      mark in MN
    • By Cub owner
      Ok trying again... I have 2018 cub cadet 750. Having clutch issues. Has anyone bought a upgrade for them and where did you get them and about how much. Thanks for any help given. From what i have looked over on here. Lots of nice helpful people