Quantcast

ROPS Diameter?

2-8

I am wanting to add a rearview mirror to my 2019 Mule Pro FXT. I am having difficulty determining the diameter of the crossmember on the ROPS where I would mount it. I need this information so I can order the correct clamp size. Can anyone provide me with this information? Thanks.

10 hours ago, 2-8 said:

I am wanting to add a rearview mirror to my 2019 Mule Pro FXT. I am having difficulty determining the diameter of the crossmember on the ROPS where I would mount it. I need this information so I can order the correct clamp size. Can anyone provide me with this information? Thanks.

2-8, I don't have a FXT, but you can get a good idea if the tube diameter with a tape measure or ruler. Just lay either across the tube and try to sight the outer edges. If you had a dial caliper, you could get an exact measurement.  When I ordered the rear view for my 2020 mule sx, I found one from side by side atv. It came with several different plastic clamps for different size tubes. I still had to wrap the mounting area with some electrical tape to take up the slack but it works. On my '04 mule 550, I had a bolt on mirror so I drilled a hole in the top tube and got a longer mounting bolt and it works great.

Hope this helps,

Roger

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rmissildine said:

2-8, I don't have a FXT, but you can get a good idea if the tube diameter with a tape measure or ruler. Just lay either across the tube and try to sight the outer edges. If you had a dial caliper, you could get an exact measurement.  When I ordered the rear view for my 2020 mule sx, I found one from side by side atv. It came with several different plastic clamps for different size tubes. I still had to wrap the mounting area with some electrical tape to take up the slack but it works. On my '04 mule 550, I had a bolt on mirror so I drilled a hole in the top tube and got a longer mounting bolt and it works great.

Hope this helps,

Roger

Thank you so much for the reply.  One of my interests is shooting/reloading. Until you suggested it, I had not even considered using my dial caliper in this application.  Again, thanks!