Quantcast

2016 Sand viper 1100 front suspension rattle

New to the Joyner community.  Bought a used 2016 1100 sand viper in descent shape. Only 155 miles.   Runs great.  It just rattles quite a bit in the front when riding on rough gravel / hard-packed dirt roads outside St Johns.  Removed front wheels and seems to be coming from both upper and lower suspension arm bushings/radial bearings (see pic); both left and right.  Seems like some play inside the eyelets - as I shake the arms a bit.  I assume it's not supposed be loose in there like that and the bushing/bearings are worn.  Anyone have had this issue and how did you go about changing them?

IMG_1456.JPG

Also looking at some mods soon.  Thinking power steering first but can't see springing $1200 for ones at Joyner USA  + installation.  Already upgraded seat belts, tires and made my own windshield.

1.  Power Steering. Alright on straight runs but on tight trails, not easy

2.  Shocks...shocks...shocks.  Still has stock. Need suggestions on what is available to replace with.  Something with a little more travel.

2.  Some way to make shifting easier. The cable is too far down the clutch action arm.

3.  New rims.  The stock ones loose air, albeit slowly, faster then the spare I got from Powersport Superstore.

4. Turbo kit.  I have the stock 1100 cherry engine

5.  Cup holders!!  Haha.  Funny but, for real man, where do I put my drink at?

• 2 years later...

I just bought a 2016 Sand viper 1100 and I am having thr same issue with the rattle. I see you posted this a few years ago. How did you fix it? Mine only has 260 miles on it. It's only coming from the front right bottom A arm joint.

Please get back to me. If you could call that would be even better.  406-239-5446 my name is Kyle

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.