Quantcast

Gear Ratios!

rocmoc

Does anyone know the gear ratios of the Trans & Diffs? If not and you have to have work, get the ratios or number of teeth on the gears. If I have to replace the engine someday it will be will something with more POWER so I/you will need the gear rations. Worst case would to be travel to the shop in Phoenix.

Thanks,

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Hi Flatbed,

That is my concern finding tranny gearing low enough for the stock diffs. May have to find a replacement diff if I ever want to go to a different engine & trans. I really would like more power but do not want to go to a turbo. When ya think we will see aftermarket motor parts at the local speed shop. LOL! The HP produced by Honda, Toy & Subaru is outstanding now days. We leave Sunday but will have the laptop with us. See ya in Jan.

Thanks

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Rocmoc, i think there is more power in the intake system. The intake manifold is what you would use for a high reving engine, plus the you know the throutle body could be bigger, and than you have the long distance the air has to flow in the aircleaner system. Build a new intake plentem with the trottle body up on top, you can put the air cleaner next to it, i think we would pick up alot of bottom-end. I would not think these engines run this way when they are in the cars in china. I don't want a turbo either, break to many parts, but it would be nice to get 25 more hp on the bottom end.

Does anyone know the gear ratios of the Trans & Diffs? If not and you have to have work, get the ratios or number of teeth on the gears. If I have to replace the engine someday it will be will something with more POWER so I/you will need the gear rations. Worst case would to be travel to the shop in Phoenix.

Thanks,

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Rocmoc, The gear ratio for the differentials is:

Ring Gear 32 teeth

Pinion Gear 15 teeth

Gear Ratio 2.13

I dont know what the trans ratio is.

Latch 73 Have you had any luck finding a ring gear for the trooper, i know you where looking for info on other sites, jusst wondering if you came up with anything.

Yes, There is a Joyner dealer in Idhao that had a rear diff. housing somehow break but the gears are good. He called Joyner and had them do a breakdown cost on new comp. diff and he said that a new set of gears would run $350.00 so he offered me his used set for $200.00

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.