Quantcast

What's the expected compression?

I couldn't find anything on google or other websites....

Pretty sure the camshaft will have a automatic compression relief on it that relieves compression out of the cylinder via one of the valves during start up, so usually when cranking the engine with a compression tester the reading won't be the Exact compression of a engine running at 2500 RPM, But, it seems to be  a baseline for all  small engines whether it be lawnmowers or 4 wheelers,  seems as though 85 to 90 PSI is the minimum to start a 4 stroke engine.

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Paul409
      Have a Hisun 750 only 700hrs 21 model. Never had issues went to start it and there's a clicking sound under the seat I'm assuming it's the started relay. I for the life of me cannot find the starter, is there a way to test the relay. 
      Thank for any support 
    • By new owner
      no neutral light but engine turns over and wont start. whats wrong?
    • By bikermike
      Since it is a royal pain to close the front hood, I went to add a charger wire so I don't  have to worry about the hood, I found the screw on the positive post rusted .  this utv is 11 months old. and since it's a Philips head, it was impossible to loosen . had to use vise grips. 
      replaced the screw with an hex bolt
    • By nods
      Less than 40 miles can barely start. Dealer is working with Hisun on a number of other issues on this UTV. Can not get clear info on the meaning of these E codes this is getting. Anybody have some clear info for me?
    • By Yankeboy
      I bought a 2013 Cub Cadet Volunteer 37BM466D710. It has a LH775 engine in it. Now my issue is I bought it off an online auction and well I got took really hard. There is no CVT/transmission in it at all. There is a complete motor but that's it. Don't even know if the motor is any good. Anyway, I can't seem to find any real helpful information about all the parts missing. The parts diagrams don't seem to really help me. Does anyone have one or have in info or a place for me to get good info from.