Quantcast

2005 ranger 500 6x6 electrical problem

jwienrich

HI new to the forum so this is my first post and problem. So I have a 2005 Ranger 500 6x6 with a carb and do not have any power to the fuel pump. Research has suggested that it could be the pdm but after looking extensively through my machine I cannot find a pdm. I can only find 3 flat black thin boxes under the hood on the passenger side. Are there some ranger 500's without pdm's? I bought this machine new and it has never been messed with. This machine has been in storage for several years and has only 12 hours on it.
Thanks, Jeff

My Bad just looked at my title and its a 2004 not a 2005 so no PDM or ECM. Wiring is quite different so I need to take another look.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By FTR
      Hello I know I started this topic before but I have lost it.  So here is the story, I bought this XLT 500 earlier this year it is was and still is in rough shape the ID plate is gone, faded paint, bad window, etc...  When I got it, it ran rough and the all of a sudden  it quit running.  So I started looking into it and found no spark.  No biggie changed plug, and coil, still nothing.  So went and replaced the coil wire, still nothing.  So I have gone pretty far now.  I have replaced the stator magneto, the voltage regulator, CDI, I do have the crank shaft position sensor but have never figured out where it goes have been told around the stator but have yet to find it.  Have chased wire out and still nothing.  At the coil I have one wire giving good voltage the other one nothing, and when you crank it the voltage goes all over the place.  So besides the key I have changed every part that has to do with the starting that I can find.  So information on what I am missing or doing wrong would be great, it acts like the kill switch on the brakes is stopping it from starting, however I have bypassed that to make sure that was not the problem and still nothing.  So aside of parking this thing in the back and letting it die a slow death I am at a loss on what to do next, Help!
    • By J Gill
      any suggestions? my 2019 mule sx fi wont idle down completely, I have to lift the box and flick the throttle lever and it comes back down.
    • By Bill L
      I have a 2018 Hisun Sector 250 that the DC power port has no power.  I don't think it ever did so that was my bad for never trying something in the port. I have a repair manual, not sure it covers a 2018 year, but the wire diagram shows the power port on the same line/fuse as the horn and the horn works.  Should it have power with the key off or only when running?  Any ideas? Thanks   Bill L
    • By Ric Silveira
      Got me a New Coleman Outfitter 2021 400
      and joining here to hopefully learn lots about it.
      I understand it's not top of the line but couldn't offord other. I'll be using it for riding around the neighborhood and light off reading here in Southwest Florida and not planing on beating it just some fun with my wife
    • eManualOnline
    • By Green Scout
      Hello everyone.
      Here I am showing our Green Scout electric all-terrain vehicle.
      All-terrain vehicle 6 wheeled, electric, side-turning. Rides, jumps, dances, swims, but does not fly. The drive is permanent (but you can turn off any wheel arbitrarily through the controller). The power of each wheel is 3 kW at its peak, the total power is 18 kW. Speed up to 60 km / h. Since the all-terrain vehicle is electric, it starts from a place quickly, drives silently (well, of course, the sound from tires and shock absorbers does not disappear).
      The idea of creating such an all-terrain vehicle came after the experience of operating the Argo all-terrain vehicle. The main disadvantages of the wheeled side-turning all-terrain vehicle are low ground clearance, lack of suspension. To get high ground clearance and suspension, there are two outputs on mini all-terrain vehicles - either electric drive or hydraulic. The hydraulics had to be excluded, since at temperatures below -30C it does not work, plus it always flows. As a result, we settled on an electric transmission. Each wheel is a motor-wheel. Naturally, the motor-wheels were being finalized to be able to be installed on an all-terrain vehicle and to be able to swim. The battery is iron-phosphate, all information on the battery, the charge is displayed on the smartphone. Control of the all-terrain vehicle through the on-board computer. Bicycle handlebar controls. Braking either with the sides through a turn of the steering wheel, or with the gas pedal of all wheels at once.
      Overview video of the all-terrain vehicle

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Mainesxs
      How do the intimidator gc1k compare to the Polaris ranger 1000 and can am defender hd10?
    • By Jeff Hewitt
      I have a 2020 polaris ranger 1000s I want to replace ujoints with greasable ujoints can anyone part# I can use to find one? Any info would be appreciated 
    • By Tim Hays
      Looking for a list of error codes for Polaris ranger 800 EFI 2013  use to have it stored got a new phone  lost it any help please
    • By Logan
      Ok so I have a Polaris ranger xp 08 I think . I started it up no problem( never had any ) drove it out of the garage about 15 feet and let it idle for about 5 mins . Then it started to sputter , gave it some gas and it stalled out. Tried to start it a couple times but wouldn’t go. I figured gas was low, put some in but same thing . So I got the ether and took the air filter off sprayed it in and it fired right up but would stall out instantly.  So I tried it again and gave it some gas but same thing . Next I just sprayed and jus got enough to gas it back into the garage . But then I saw flames coming out of the air intake . Was able to put it out quick ( 10 seconds) just by blowing on it . Before anyone says to much starting fluid I know a little goes a long way . I didn’t hold it down and jus spray , only a quick burst twice before stalling out . But where do I go from here ? Engine not getting enough gas ? But then why was I able to start/drive/ and idle at first ? Now I can’t even get it started . Let me know what you think.
    • By Susan Thompson
      Hi everyone, new to UTV life. My 2010 500 EFI has problem with re setting  maintained light and also hour meter. Have read manual and cannot find out how to re set after oil change.
  • Gallery Images