Quantcast

Kuboto RTV XG850 Sidekick

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Steve Toney
      Hello, my name is Steve and just signing up.  Bought my first UTV yesterday.  It is a Massimo T-Boss 550.  
    • By CBS
      Greetings from Southern Illinois. My name is Bruce and I currently have a Hisun HS550 Performance Rural King. I have had nothing but problems with this unit replaced so many parts of it and of course, it stopped working and will not start again for about the 3rd or 4th time since 2018 it only has a little over 500 miles and has cost me a bunch of money and headache and the Rural King where I purchased it has a repair man who is certified to work on HISUN but he charged me a little over $600 to repair it once back a few years ago and when I got it home after it being in his shop for over 2 weeks the thing worked for a very short time but when I went to start it the next day it was the same thing and they wouldn't check it further without me paying for service, labor, and parts and I went around and around with them and since there aren't any dealer service centers for Hisun near me and even most of them can't get to it for weeks to months and it could be at their shops for months as they tell me they have problems getting the parts needed from Hisun to fix these giant paper weights. Oh, and you can't buy a scan tool (code reader) Delphi 190121 unless you are one of their dealers and I can't find any other scanner tool that works with it except the Tiny Scan Tool which I purchased and it will work if I could find the correct adaptor cable and connector to connect the Tiny Scan to the diagnostic port on the Hisun HS550 Performance Rural King. Yep, I pretty much have been screwed every which way that can happen with this machine. I am disabled, have cancer, and am on a fixed income so I need help if anyone knows what the connector is called (type or part name) that will plug into the diagnostic port to get my scanner to work it is a 6-pin connector and I hear it only has to have 3 wires connected to it.
      Thanks 
    • By catalyst
      We own a 2020 Kubota RTV-XG-850, with only 400 hours on it and it has been at the dealer 3+ months. We were just informed our engine failed and requires a complete rebuild at only 400 hours! There is a loss of compression in cylinder #1, which is causing backfiring and a loss of power. There is also excess gas in the engine oil. 
      We are just outside of the manufacture's warranty period, and they are serving us a nearly $5000 repair bill, with only a 90 day warranty.

A member at a different forum had the same issue at 22 hours and fortunately, his RTV is under warranty. He was informed that "short tripping" (as Kubota describes it) causes gasoline to enter into the engine oil, which causes a dilution of engine oil and eventually leads to catastrophic engine failure. This killed our engine in under 400 hours!

Is anyone else with a 2018-2022 XG-850 running into similar issues?

• By azdesertdog
      A desert camp trip we took at Christmas in the desert

• By Oldman
      I installed a new GY6 150cc engine in a Bull Dog Pup 200 and when I put it in drive, it grinds for a second and then runs fine.  Works great when i place it in reverse.  Could it be from it idling too high?   Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks!!!!