Quantcast

rtate1050

Massimo MSU 500 Extremely Loud

Hi to all . My name is  Rich . I've recently purchased a MSU 500  from Massimo in Texas .  So far I'm impressed with the overall quality of the machine . My only real issue so far is that this thing is extremely loud . You can't even carry on a conversation with a passenger without yelling which is annoying. My first plan is to add some Dynamat to the underside of the engine cover and the seats.  I would appreciate it if anyone has this problem and any solutions . Is there anything in the aftermarket for the exhaust system ?

Other than that I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Rich

check the exhaust pipe right out of the head.. Prone to cracking  and breaking off . ANOTHER factory defect from Massimo Poor Quality .. I implore you to bypass the fan switch and run it 100%  when key is on .. MSUs have massive overheating issues that   blow head gaskets and warp or crack heads.. And Massimo WILL NOT WARRANTY IT 

I read that on another post and I checked it and it seems to be OK. Thanks for the input.

It doesn't seem to be as loud standing at the back with the engine reving. I think that sound deadening in the interior will help a lot , but we'll see .

There is already a little insulation material on the underside of the engine cover.  If you add more I'd like to hear if it helps. 

Good to know that there is some already there . 

I ran into another problem  though. I went to pull the seats and console to check the insulation and check the oil and cannot CANNOT get the drivers seat to come out. No matter how hard I pull on the lever it will not release ! There has to be something wrong underneath with the release . The only way that I can see to get to it is to remove the panel in front of the seat and hopefully get to the latch from there.  Can't really do anything until I solve that problem. 

Anyone have any suggestions ??  I've tried spraying lube underneath but no help.

I don't have the stock/original seats or seat bases in mine.  I do recall one side being harder to get out than the other but I was always able to get them out.  Sorry, that I cannot help you on that one...

Yesterday I was determined to get that seat out. After a lot of rocking and shaking , it finally came free . Turns out that the bolt that the seat locks onto was slightly bent.

After careful and precise application (a couple of hard whacks ) of a finely calibrated adjustment tool ( ball peen hammer) the offending part moved into alignment. 

Problem sorted....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.