Quantcast

dalerio007

2017 Cub Cadet 750 camo no digital dash no spark no fuel pump

i have a 2017 cub cadet challenger 750 camo, after a month of nonstop work with the pandemic i was finally getting a chance to ride it. it would not start, the battery was dead, went to charge the battery and noticed a mouse had chewed a yellow wire one of2 going to a block of some kind in battery box, it is tied into the 2 fuse relay breakers  attached to the starter relay. there is a red with stripe wire that goes to a harness below the rectifier in engine compartment, it has no power to it with multimeter and the fuse block is getting real hot. other than that the dash lights up, but no readout and the gauges dont cycle, the fuel pump does not start. on the fuel pump i checked the red wires to the cdi and both have contact and are intact but one does  not have power when the key is on and there is no spark  i tried starting fluid. i have swapped out the cdi from my cousins  same year and model, also the ecu and the main relay. i have no idea where to look now. his has broke the shim again and will not start. also i did notice that i wiggled a wire connector going to a sensor on the engine and a couple lights came on on the dash, the stirring wheel one and check engine but only did it once and i cant get it to do it again. i have looked over the harness for anymore damage and have found none.

has anyone seen this problem before, is it wiring? ground? what do i need to check next. the place i bought it has no service the guy said he could only swap parts and try. sent me to another place over an hour from me  and that guy on the phone said he was covered up and didnt know when he could look at it so he must be busy lol. besides i dont want to have them charge me $3000 to replace everything on it before they get going.

my advice is do not buy a cub cadet, we thought we were getting a cub cadet and it turns out it is a cheap chinese pos. i still love my cub but wish i had known this before i bought it and i would not have.

any help would be appreciated thanks

ok there is a purple wire that comes out of the middle plug on the fuse box, it goes under the battery box and it splits and goes to the ecu and to the dash, the wire going to the ecu was the problem if anybody ever has this same problem. to check it test for voltage to the ecu on the purple wire then trace back, i hope this can help someone else because i could not find anything on this anywhere. and..................checking electrical problems and wiring sucks 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jon
      Had this UTV 1 week now, previous owner had put windshield and back window on, has half doors but no windows.  Is there a simple fix for exhaust fumes in cab, tailpipe extension etc?    Thx so much.   Jon
    • By Osney
      I have a HiSun Vector E1 (as they're called here in the UK) and have been running it for about a year now. It has an annoying problem that my dealer has not yet managed to fix.
      On a full charge, at the start of the day, it works fine - albeit not the quickest machine in the world. I use it on my hill farm here in Scotland, and it has to climb a bit, although nothing that would leave you out of breath walking. The E1 copes with these hills no problem, until it's done about four or five miles, then it starts to struggle noticeably, and throws of the 4C53 error on the dashboard readout - low voltage according to the manual. Sometimes it does this even while the charge level indicator is showing a full charge.
      It's been back to the dealers twice now, and they've replaced all of the batteries. I've emailed the UK distributor for HiSun in the hope of an answer, but as yet have had no response. My dealer is trying to get an answer from them too, before taking the machine back to try and fix it again. Meantime I can only use it for a short while each day.
      I'm no electrician, so has anyone on here any idea what might be going on? It seems that it is struggling to draw enough power from the battery pack going uphill, leading to a voltage drop that trips the error code. But if that's the case, then the E1 is surely not fit for purpose.
    • By jonny L
      Hello, looking at another 2018 CC MX EPS 750. I contacted CC and was informed that anyone with a cracked or broken manifold can go to their dealer and have it repaired with the 2019 update, at no cost. It is a "fix as fail" warranty of the manifold. Has anyone attempted to have it replaced?
    • By Kevin Heihn
      Is there a difference in the body parts. They look the same. I need parts for my 2017 but the only parts available are for 2019/2020. Dominator 1000 5 seater.
    • By Jon
      In an effort to solve my cab noise and exhaust fume issue on my 2017 550, I’m trying to remove seat backs to apply sound dampening material.   Do the phillips screws from the back window hold them on?    Jon
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Jeff Grizzel
      Have a code flashing E 505 with engine light on
    • By Chris Howland
      Hi all, Im looking for the valve clearance specs for a 2017 cub cadet challenger 750. Any help would be appreciated.

• By Troy
      I purchased my 2018 Cub Cadet 750 Challenger new in July 2019 and it will not go into 4 wheel drive.  Has this ever happened to anyone or do you have any idea as to what could be wrong?
    • By davisgravel
      I have a 2018 750 challenger, the cooling fan started running all of the time, even with ignition switch off, it will run till it kills the battery.  I've checked the sensor on bottom of radiator, it's an open circuit no continuity, I found 2 more sensors on top of engine at coolant hose, was able to check 1 of those and it's an open switch as well. I can disconnect all 3 sensors and fan still runs. Only way to kill fan is to unplug it just back from fan motor in wiring harness. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    • By Gary T
      I generally use my challenger for light duty misc. use, and for plowing. The one thing I dislike about this machine is the difficulty in shifting. I've had it the shop and they adjusted the shifting lever, but I still have issues. Some times it shifts ok, but the problem is it is hard to get it to move the lever from high to reverse or low to high or from any gear to the other. Seems I always have to accelerate a little to get it to engage to what gear I need it to go to. This is definitely not normal.