Quantcast

2018 cub cadet challenger 750 exhaust manifold

jonny L

Hello, looking at another 2018 CC MX EPS 750. I contacted CC and was informed that anyone with a cracked or broken manifold can go to their dealer and have it repaired with the 2019 update, at no cost. It is a "fix as fail" warranty of the manifold. Has anyone attempted to have it replaced?

On 9/14/2020 at 10:10 AM, jonny L said:

Hello, looking at another 2018 CC MX EPS 750. I contacted CC and was informed that anyone with a cracked or broken manifold can go to their dealer and have it repaired with the 2019 update, at no cost. It is a "fix as fail" warranty of the manifold. Has anyone attempted to have it replaced?

Yes I did new muffler and pipes it broke offset the manifold they didn't replace it so I welded it with two straps for reinforcement didnt get 500 hundred miles out of the new one

34 minutes ago, kenfain said:

It isn't totally clear from your post. But if the unit you're looking at, has this condition. And the price reflects that. I'd contact a couple of different dealers and ask if they'd fix it for free. 

There is a recall on the faulty manifold which can crack/break. The company will only replace it if it cracks/breaks. It's called a "fix as fail." I spoke to a dealer who informed me that he has never had one come in with this conditions and he sells many. The new systems have been revised. The dealer did state that if it cracks, they photo it, then send it to the company to get the OK (or not) to proceed to replace it, which is quite expensive. Just something to keep in mind if this happened to you, and it's  worth a shot. Also, there is no time period to have it replaced. 

Just now, jonny L said:

There is a recall on the faulty manifold which can crack/break. The company will only replace it if it cracks/breaks. It's called a "fix as fail." I spoke to a dealer who informed me that he has never had one come in with this conditions and he sells many. The new systems have been revised. The dealer did state that if it cracks, they photo it, then send it to the company to get the OK (or not) to proceed to replace it, which is quite expensive. Just something to keep in mind if this happened to you, and it's  worth a shot. Also, there is no time period to have it replaced. I ended up buying the 2019 model with 200 miles on it. I contacted the dealer to look up the history on it and it has never had any issues. 

1 hour ago, kenfain said:

Ouch! You could've probably ported the exhaust, and had a customer header made for that much lol.

How many miles on it before this happened? I know, CC should have contacted every owner. I would contact them anyway in regards to their recall and failure to contact you. Worth a try? Does anyone know if CC upgraded the manifold/muffler system in 2019 or 2020?