Quantcast

2015 odes dominator 800

Barry E Spires

I have an issue with my odes. It will start up and run but when you give it gas it stumbles and cuts off. I have replaced the fuel pump,fuel filter, fuel injectors, mass air flow sensor,idle air control,throttle position sensor,air filter,spark plugs,and throttle body also I have no vacuum leaks either. I have even replaced the ECU. Does anyone have any idea about what could be wrong? Engine only has 1045 miles on it

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

After my repair center tried for 7 months to fix, I finally found that the hose clamps on the fuel filter were allowing air to get into the fuel line. Replaced the hose clamps with better ones and cured issue

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By malenurse13
      We just bought a used 2017 American Landmaster TW450. No hour meter that I can find, so not sure exactly how much it has been used. 
      The first 2 days we had it, the starter was a little sketchy, but it started after 2-3 tries. Sometimes when turning the key, we would hear a loud metal "clink" sound. Like the starter made contact, but didn't have enough power to turn. 
      THIS MORNING... Turning the key, we hear a single click sound. That's it. Even with a new battery, the starter is still doing the same thing. Both batteries (old and new) were reading 12.8 volts on volt meter. So I'm wondering what else could be going on? Any ideas on what to look for would be greatly appreciated...
      Thank you!
    • By Travis
      Kawasaki Mule 1000 / 2010 / 2020 / 2030 / 2500 / 2510 / 2520 /3000 / 3010 / 3020 / 500 / 520 / 550 / 600 / 610
      A lot of the older mules use a float and sight glass for viewing fuel level in the tank, mine, like many others has been fogged over for several years making it hard to see the needle. I've used all sorts of cleaners in an attempt to clear it up, but none ever worked long term.
       I finally discovered this kit from ATV Works for $17.00, just the sight glass and new attachment pin (which you can not get from kawasaki)  Kawasaki want's you to order the entire float and gauge assembly for nearly $40. I ordered it last night and it hopefully should be here by the end of the week. When i get it in, i will make a video on how to install it.

• By Michael Hudson
      So my wife picked out a brand new Hisun crew 4x4 750 axis 4x4. When it gets hot it shuts off. This vehicle has less than 20 miles. I'm the dark here. First I have no access to a trouble shooting guide and have even blindly performed the "wiggle tests" as I used to do as a drive ability tech on cars professionally. I'm not able to locate what's getting overheated to cause it to shut off. After awhile it'll start right up and no issues. While trying to duplicate the problem sitting at idle, it'll eventually cut off again. Again when cooled off will start again. 

I'm hating this machine and wished she'd gone with a pricier but more reliable sxs. My grizzly 550 rarely gives me issues that isn't my fault. 
    • By Zero
      So i have a 2011 EFI 700. the SxS will crank right up everytime without any issues. If i let it run or ride it for about 10 mins it will shut off and then it may turn on if i am lucky but most time i have to let it sit for like 3 hours and then it will run again. i have done the following
      -New fuel filter
      -New injector
      -New spark plug
      -New coil pack and plug wire
      -New air filter

Also could i get a grizzly 660 engine and put in it or would it not work.
    • eManualOnline
    • By Robby
      Hello, I have a 2013 500 utv hisun. Was running ok and cut out while parked. Bike will not start now. It turns over, but won't fire. I have no spark and no fuel. I replaced fuel pump, ignition coil, spark plug, cdi, voltage rectifier and all the fuses and relays. Could bad stater cause no fuel because I can't hear the fuel pump priming. Any info on where to start looking for problem.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By buckeyze
      Anybody on here have good luck with Odes?
    • By bacon0029
      i have a 2016 odes dominator it starts an idles an drives fine for a little while  an then it will cut out an die like it ran out of gas an wont idle but if you get it in gear an drive it or give it throttle it will run when it cuts out the 4x4 light comes on 
    • By Ryan Knuth
      My dominator will not start. I have checked and charged the battery. It runs all the lights at full brightness and all other electrical systems perfectly well (e.g. winch).  When I attempted to start the UTV, I hear a clicking noise underneath the battery but no other sound. 
      My guess is that either the break or gear "start" solenoid is stuck. I noticed that the UTV will only start when the break is pressed and it is in park. If the solenoid that triggers either of these is stuck, that would explain no starting. Or, the starter is dead?
      Any thoughts?
    • By Odesrider 800
      Hey everyone I bought a used 2016 Odes Dominator 800 x4.. my first impressions aren’t bad.. the engine seems solid, when I bought it it hadn’t been fired up in 8 months so it needed a new battery, once I had a new battery installed it fired right up, and to my surprise everything works, all electrical components dump bed, wench, etc.. 
      However, I took it for a spin for the first time today and first thing i noticed was how stiff the steering was.. I’m beginning to think my power steering might be toast .. breaks are also toast, along with wheel bearings.
      Has anyone any troubles with their power steering and/or found issues with the steering that didnt necessarily require a new power steering Kit?
    • By miten000
      Hey guys...I have a 2015 ODES Dominator X4 800cc...I had recently tore the belt up and was able to get a new one on and had no problems.  The other day I got stuck and smoked the clutch out a bit trying to get out and since that time I have had a constant "clicking" noise coming from the primary clutch.  Then noise is present at idle and low speeds but goes away under load.  I took the clutch apart and assume that this noise is coming from either the clutch sliders/weights or shoes.  I plan on replacing these soon.  
      However, today I put the clutch back together to get the bus out there and ride around the neighborhood and I have a "jolty" start and while cruising in "H" the secondary clutch suddenly opens wide and I lose power.  When revved the secondary clutch will not grab and continues to open.  I can place the UTV back into "N' and then back to "H"...the secondary clutch stops spinning and the belt grabs as normal and I can continue on.  Anyone have any idea what is going on or have experienced similar problems?
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bR6kVo2QsB6e6G6NK3jWjAoQpJCmeyVf/view?usp=sharing
      ODES clutch problems.mov