Quantcast

ravencr

1997 34' Fleetwood Bounder...$22,900 obo!

I'm moving back to TN around May 20th, and I need to sell my motorhome before I move. The challenge is that I live in it full-time, but if I have to, I'll sell it before then and move back to TN earlier. But, the main thing is that I sell it by then at the latest.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Here are the details on the motorhome:

- 1997 Fleetwood Bounder 34' Class A

- Ford 460 V8

- Automatic Transmission w/ overdrive

- Rear Adjustable Airbags and larger swaybars

- Drivetrain brake to save your regular brakes on steep grades

- Backup camera

- 2 TV's and DVD player

- Sleeps 6 comfortably w/ queen size walk-around bed in the rear

- Lots of storage, hanging clothes space, and tons of drawers

- Aftermarket Pioneer 6-disc CD changer, 6x9's, and subwoofer, including rear speakers in the bedroom

- Fullsize bathroom with tall/large shower big enough for 6'4" person without hitting your head

- Brand new batteries

- Onan generator capable of running both A/C's at the same time no problem

- Large LP tank lasts over half the year for one person

- Underneath storage nearly the full length of the motorhome

- Brand new tires on 3/28/08 at 51850 miles...There's 56074 miles on it currently, so 4,224 miles on the tires purchased from Purcell's with the road hazard

- All awnings are in good shape with no tears or leaks

- Prodigy brake controller

- Power heated mirrors

- Hydraulic leveling system makes it very easy to level out

- Engine A/C plus 2 rooftop A/C/heaters

- Large Fridge/Freezer

- Full 4 burner stove and large oven

- Large microwave

- Have all maintenance records/updates, miscellaneous parts, and manuals

After I purchased it, I fixed up some things, including the following:

- Fixed front passenger side hydraulic hose 4/3/08 $84.09

- On 3/26/08 I fixed a bunch of stuff all done by Southwest RV in Glendale, AZ:

- Washed roof and all seams with rubber roof cleaner. Re-sealed front cap, rear cap, TV antenna, vents, sun roof and refridgerator vent. $315.93

- Installed additional water heater switch in bedroom $93.64

- Remove tin surrounding back of generator set and the broken piece of exhaust. Intalled new 90 degree exhaust, kick down and exhaust pipe. Secured pipe and put tin shields back in $278.74

- Repaired rear rooftop ladder mounting $42.50

- Replaced door lock on main door $173.79

- Repaired bathroom mirror mounting $29.89

- Replaced the cracked front A/C unit shroud $163.00

- Repaired leaking water tank and beefed up surrounding sheet metal for when a tire might blow out $534.95

I've been living in this motorhome since the end of Nov '07. It's traveled to and from Jacksonville, TX for the Mud Nationals, to and from Glamis, CA a few times, back and forth to Flagstaff, AZ a few times with no trouble at all. Right now I'm staying at the Pleasant Harbor RV Park on Lake Pleasant.

In case you've never owned an RV, you can expect to get 6-8mpg out of this RV towing roughly 5-6K pounds of toys behind it. We averaged 7 mpg going 70mph towing 4 UTV's behind us on an all aluminum snowmobile trailer to Jacksonville, TX for the Mud Nationals. I've found this to be the best speed to travel at for best gas mileage. If you go slower, it wants to downshift too much, and if you go faster, the gas mileage drops considerably. Also, for those that have never owned one, I was able to finance this thing for 12 years through essex credit, so the payments can be very low. I still have a loan on it, so the new owner will secure financing or cash and it will be sent to Bank of the West (Essex Credit), they'll release the lien and mail you or your bank the title.

A few things that I don't use often enough to fix:

- The main awning needs one latch fixed to extend it easily. It can still be opened no problem and extended, it just takes more time/work to do it.

- The furthest back driver's side rear storage door has some damage from the previous owner, but it still closes fine

That's all I can think of at this point. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Chris

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.