Quantcast

Will low entry level prices hurt the used UTV market?

Hi Everyone. I'd appreciate any thoughts on my situation. I'm an outdoor power equipment and compact tractor dealer. I'm interested in adding a line of UTV's. The problem I'm running into is that all the big names are taken in my area and the off-brands I've contacted sell for as much or more than the $8,995 entry level machines from Polaris, Honda, Kaw. etc..  So I'm considering going the pre-owned sales route. but are these new lower priced side x sides going to tank the used market? Thanks 

Same with me. In my area a  7 or 8 year old  Ranger 700 can still bring $12,000 The same price as  acomparable cc new Odes or Cub Cadet.  
After going to the dealers and checking out the new Ranger 500, Mule Pro MX, Pioneer etc.  I thought they looked fairly decent and  they are all selling for around 9k. (10k drsssed up) aside from just more cc’s can’t see why anyone would buy the old Ranger or other new brands for 12k. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By lonerider98
      At the end of last year my Coleman UT 500 will not go into reverse. I can hold it over toward the reverse to move it nut it won't lock into reverse. Anyone have this problem? Winter is just about over and going to have to get this resolved. Thank You!
    • By REDfletching
      Spent today at a Honda dealership looking at their 520 side by side, then on the way home past our Lowes noticed they had several new UTVs on site, so we U-turned and ducked in there. We were impressed that all that came for $9,999 metal whole length skid plate, nice sized bed, roof, windshield, side mirrors, winch, upgrade looking tires… all of which would have added thousands of dollars to an already expensive Honda 520. Now Honda does have a great reputation from my trusted UTV experienced buddy, so it has that going for it.
    • By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By Richard shepard
      I have a 2021 colman 400utv engine will start and idle, as soon as you hit throttle to move engine dies and will only start when you throttle it, let off throttle it dies, I replaced the injector and plug still the same, anyone have any other ideas
    • By Bassarino51
      My 2014 Odes with less than 1000 miles suddenly won’t turn over with a fully charged battery.