Quantcast

New Electric Hisun Sector E1 Drivetrain Noises

Just bought a new Hisun E1. From the minute i drove it off the barge (we live in an island) it had a loud 'creaking' noise from the rear, and a clanking and vibration from the front. The noise at the front sounds and feels like a CV or UJ has gone. All shafts and joints are solid and seem to be greased, as are mounts for gearbox and diffs. The vehicle sounds like an old steam train going down the road - worse going down hills but no real difference turning or 2WD, 4WD or diff lock on. Noises increase/decrease with speed of vehicle, so definatley  drive-train related, not just something loose. Oddly, all noises go in reverse.

Real pain in the backside to get to dealer as will cost about $1500 just to get it there and back again. Anybody experienced these issues or similar on an E1 or any other Hisun?

Cheers.

That doesn't sound right. One possible thing might be something stuck in the parking brake? My E1 is two years old now, and the parking brake often sticks, which makes a bit of a steam train noise as the disc gets pulled past the pads. 

Mine has also worn its steering rod couplings and a lot of the bushes in the front suspension, so rattles and squeaks a bit when driving. It's still fairly quiet overall though.

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Amyjou
      Our 2017 Textron Stampede 900 died when driving it (after making a terrible noise).  Now it won’t start. Checked oil and there wasn’t any.  Was given advice that the engine would need to be replaced. Trying to find a used or rebuilt one.  Any recommendations or leads on how I can find one?
    • By Gorj
      Do not know if any of you Hisun E1 owners have  had issues with the parking brake pedal  not returning completely, thus preventing you from moving forward or reverse.   I had this issue and even sometimes when going over rough road the parking brake pedal would move down far enough to shut off power.  Local  dealer said no one had complained about that issue and they had no fix.  So decided to correct it myself. I installed a return spring on the parking brake arm and it stopped the problem!

• By CanyonCarver
      Not sure if this has been discussed before but here it goes; 
      If i lower a utv and put some more grippy/less of roading tires, can it handle like a go kart? Especially the 4-seater ones?

• By Aaron
      Does anyone know if you can convert a Hisun Sector 250 into basically a golf cart by removing the bed and replacing it with a rear seat kit?  Do you know if this is even possible to do given the location of the exhaust?
    • eManualOnline
    • By Ann hays
      Hi, new member here, thanks for the ad. Our 2012 hisun hs 500 utv turns over but won't start unless primed. It'll run then for a few seconds & shut back down. It's just not getting fuel. Things we've done, installed brand new fuel pump, fuel pump relay, starter selonoid, replaced all the small fuses in fuse container...10-15 & 3 amps. Replaced a few Butt Connectors a 30 amp. Fuse for headlights. Tapped up some electrical wiring. Nothing has helped. It always started instantly. At a loss as to what to do next. Any suggestions would be so appreciated. TIA. Ann 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Devin
      Turns over great, has spark, shoots fuel, but it just won't start.. I've replaced starter, starter soliniod, battery and fuel injector.. I have no idea where to start now.. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 
    • By Buzzie Hayden
      I have a Hisun Sector 500. Do they make a snorkle kit for it? 
    • By John Maloney
      The seat belts have a safety feature that make the utv not be able to go over 15 mph if the buckles aren't latched.
      2020 hisun 250 sector
    • By Matthew Gray
      Hey there tried to search the forum and come up with nothing, I know i have seen it here. 
      What  is the Delphi code reader needed to Diagnose a 2018 Hisun Sector 750, got one with spark, fuel and no run. bit bizzare.
      Would like to get a code reader from alixpress or amazon or something as we don't have a local dealer, can anyone help me with a part number, or know of a good unit that works?
      thanks very much
      Matthew
    • By Mac250
      Just purchased a 2018 Hisun Sector 250. The gear shift is hard to engage. Tried depressing the brake pedal, no change. Tried with the engine running and turned off, no change. The gear shift cable, from the dash to the trans seems to be grinding. With my hand on the cable I can feel it grinding, vibrating, as the gear shift is moved up or down. Can this cable be removed and greased or does it just need to be replaced?