Quantcast

2006 Cub Cadet volunteer Transmission Issue

• Alex changed the title to 2006 Cub Cadet volunteer Transmission Issue

It could even be a sticking brake pad/shoe.

I believe those units are CVT belt driven, it could be a stick drive or driven centrifugal pulley. The pulley's may need lubed... which you aren't "supposed to" but if it's them sticking it can not hurt.  see if you can remove the belt cover, and with the machine in Neutral, give it some gas and check the movement of the pulleys the moveable sheave on them should move in and out smoothly with more or less RPM.

i believe i have the correct parts diagram, with the twin cylinder engine?

https://www.partstree.com/models/volunteer-46b-37ac46bd710-cub-cadet-4x4-utility-vehicle/engine-transmission-accessories-3/

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Kansas Guy
      My 750 still start, and throttle up for a few seconds then die.  It will do this repeatedly.  It has fresh gas, a new fuel pump and a new ECU.  I've pulled the injector and it does not appear to be clogged. I have run out of ideas.
    • By KeithR
      When I put my buck 400 in reverse and hit the gas pedal it seems that the transmission is slipping. It also does this in Drive when I first hit the gas. Does anyone have a similar problem and if so what might the fix be.  
    • By Steven78
      Hi I have a t boss 410 is about a year old with 150 MI and it feels like the brakes are stuck when you take off but in neutral it rolls perfectly I also have a t boss 550 that does not do this so was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if it is common with this machine also on the 410 have had the stator motor and voltage regulator replace once already and think it is bad again not sure if this would have anything to do with the other issue any help or advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance
    • By Farm Boy
      It has done this since day one that we purchased it from Tractor Supply. I contacted the service man that Tractor Supply recommended and he told us that there wasn't anything he do to help us with. Has anyone had this same problem and can offer suggestion on to correct this issue ? It would be greatly appreciated.

• eManualOnline
    • By MitchSpence
      I have read where non ethanol gas is a key to some of our utv problems. Can I get an amen?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By pollockjes4
      Good evening, 
      just picked up a nice 2009 cub cadet 4x2 Volunteer.  It needs inboard rear axle joints rebuilt or new cv axles.  Found a ton of cub ones, big money.  Any one know of a aftermarket part number or who makes them?  TIA
    • By TerryH
      2008 Cub Cadet Volunteer won't start.   It is getting gas, is getting spark, but will not start.  Replaced plugs, and bit the bullet and replaced Engine Control Module (ECU).  Still nothing.  6 months ago replaced short block, starter, new ignition switch (all from Cub Cadet and Kohler).  Any ideas ??????
    • By margrabia
      Hi all.
      Some time ago I've purchased a 2006 Cub Cadet Volunteer 4x4 through an auction. I have just found this forum and hope you can help me or give me some ideas.
      The problem here is that it was a non-runner with an "engine issue". There was some small wiring issue which I already fixed and started the engine (CAT/Perkins). To my surprise it didn't move after I put it in gear. After doing a small investigation I realised somebody took out whole CVT transmission and it lacks few gears and shafts in the transfer case. I called the dealer for a quote and the total cost of repairing it by myself on new parts makes it financially pointless.
      Hence the question: do you think it's possible to swap the CVT and transfer case from some other UTV/vehicle? Or should I just scrap it/sell it for parts? I've been looking for an used transfer case but didn't find anything in US nor in EU.
    • By Chris B Legge
      I have checked that the fan operates if you bypass it, I have checked the fuses, I have checked the relays but the fan does not come on and overheats. Has anyone had this experience. HELP!!

Chris Legge