Quantcast

warranty coverage ????

ERV JR

Hey guys i have a question , how good is joyner with warranty coverage ? Will they cover damage that is caused by one componet that was caused by another failing ? I really hope they will make good on this issue, I belive they will hopefully see the light and realize that they are lucky nobody was hurt ad that to help futher a new company they will handle the problem before it gets ugly.

My dealer has also been good to me. He is a small shop but despite going through a real struggle time, He seems to always look out for my best interest. I did get the 3yr extended warrenty for $900. They already paid about $650 to replace both drive shafts. As some of you know, the front drive saft is tough to replace. Joyner supplied the rear CV shaft at no charge. I asked if I could have the old parts but my dealer told me that they are required to send them back to Joyner. If this is true, I suspect that Joyner has a replacement warrenty with the part manufacture that keeps the cost from them but, to get it they have to return the defective part. Thats a good way to do it because it keeps the manufacture very aware of bad quality control. It is just a matter of time and China will, like Japan, sooner or later, start producing good quality products.

Lenny

Lenny,

You say you replaced the front drive shaft, with the same or a CV joint shaft? Have not heard of anyone replacing or needing to replace the front shaft.

I got to keep my old read drive line so now I have an anchor. I did get my replacement last May and just got around to putting it in.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

rocmoc, When the rear shaft went bad, I figured that I better check the front. It had a little play in the rear universal, not much at all. I told my dealer that that was the beginning of dirt getting in and destroying it. He said, "lets get it replaced too". It was replaced with a universal joint shaft. I wanted to keep the old one as a templet for making one with good joints later on.

Lenny

Well I didnt want post until I talked to them because I could have been pissed or happy that I was taken care of. I have to say i spoke with a guy by the name of Alex @ Joyner and it sound like my parts should be on the way soon

Ok here is the story, I was running about 40 mph down a wash bed at night making a slight right when it felt like the car was sliding then it took a sharp left and i tried to correct it without any response, I wound up into a dirt wall that was straight up . I hit with the left side of the car and flipped onto the right side of the car. We had to start walking in the dark to fing help.

It turned out that the steering shaft bolt that holds the shaft to the coloum some how stripped in the center were the bolt hangs out of the splined portion, the coloum has a flat notch that the bolt goes thru and is supposed to be held in place since the bottom of the coloum is round. My right lower control arm wound up getting and one of the hiems pulled apart, when the car flipped it landed withall the weight on the right front wheel before landing on its side.

The next moring we drilled out the coupler and put a longer grade 8 5/16 bolt and lock nut. The longer bolt alloys more surface contact on the coloum shaft since its engaging the shank of the bolt rather than the threads.

I also plan on drilling thru the shaft and putting a 1/4 bolt in it which will not allow the shaft to collaspe,. I found that even with out a bolt in the couppler the splines stay engaged but the shaft will collaspe. This will be a saftey feature if the coupler ever has a problem.

Thanks for sharing, something we will all look at since steering the thing is kind of important. Someone else had a steering shaft issue a few months ago and took care of it. With two now, I am definitely looking more closely at the shaft again as I did give it a passing look last time.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

ERV JR, Thanks for the good and important tip. I'll be redoing mine before any more driving. I think you should start a new topic on this board and repeat what you posted about the steering problem. It's just too important to have it hidden down within another topic.

Good Job

Lenny

New Topic Started