Quantcast

Going well ...

mcraigchr

This is the most boring sub-forum I have ever been part of.  lol.  That could be because all the Kubota owners have nothing to talk about.  That is certainly what I am seeing thus far with mine (1140).  I have 16 hours (106 miles).  No issues whatsoever.

I will be doing the 50 hour maintenance this spring whether I  have hit 50 hours or not.  All fluids, all filters.  I will look up some how-to's on that.

Any gotchas that you know of?

Craig C.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By REDfletching
      Spent today at a Honda dealership looking at their 520 side by side, then on the way home past our Lowes noticed they had several new UTVs on site, so we U-turned and ducked in there. We were impressed that all that came for $9,999 metal whole length skid plate, nice sized bed, roof, windshield, side mirrors, winch, upgrade looking tires… all of which would have added thousands of dollars to an already expensive Honda 520. Now Honda does have a great reputation from my trusted UTV experienced buddy, so it has that going for it.
    • By Ronald
      I just purchased an Axis Pro 750 from Lowes.  I have two questions not covered in owners manual.  1:  In the glovebox there is a 12V connector, it is HOT with key off, is that for a battery maintainer to be plugged in or what is the purpose?  2:  In the instrument cluster there is a digital read out for hours, miles and odometer,  there is also a digital readout that is flashing, it can be adjusted and looks like 1 - 24  what is it?
    • By Bryan g
      We see a lot of the UT400 with shift problems, not going into gear, popping out of gear, grinding etc. There  is a bulletin Im sure everyone has saw about adjusting shift cable.  That dont always fix it.  I went round n round with coleman  on couple units. We are a Coleman warranty repair center"AFS Small Engine Repair "   I told them shift lever does not have enough travel .  No amount of cable adjustment  will increase travel . I  extended lever with piece on flat  iron by 3/4 of inch .  This gave shifter enough travel to properly engage into gear completely .  Last couple units to come in for this Coleman sent me a modified shift lever, with longer travel . Problem solved! Also , heads up if you get any new unit ,,,go over and check it out,  grease  all zerks, check air filter for being in backwards, check wiring harnesses for rubbing on rotating parts,  brake hose  routing , make sure not touching exhaust .  These are just  few of the more common failures I see .
    • By catalyst
      We own a 2020 Kubota RTV-XG-850, with only 400 hours on it and it has been at the dealer 3+ months. We were just informed our engine failed and requires a complete rebuild at only 400 hours! There is a loss of compression in cylinder #1, which is causing backfiring and a loss of power. There is also excess gas in the engine oil. 
      We are just outside of the manufacture's warranty period, and they are serving us a nearly $5000 repair bill, with only a 90 day warranty.

A member at a different forum had the same issue at 22 hours and fortunately, his RTV is under warranty. He was informed that "short tripping" (as Kubota describes it) causes gasoline to enter into the engine oil, which causes a dilution of engine oil and eventually leads to catastrophic engine failure. This killed our engine in under 400 hours!

Is anyone else with a 2018-2022 XG-850 running into similar issues?

• By tim hughes
      does any one else have a slipping belt on the hisun ...i put new wet clutch one way bearing new belt, cleaned primary and secondary and still get slight slippage