Quantcast

Oregon UTV areas

Well; I must say that Oregon is really not that friendly toward off road vehicles. Most of the off road areas have excluded class 2 vehicles. Motorcycles and ATVs have many areas to go; but they put those posts in the ground 50 inches apart to keep UTVs out. (I've heard that a Razor can fit through; but still not actually "legal" in these areas) The only "legal" areas I have found (so far) are in Christmas Valley Sand Dunes in Central Oregon and the Oregon Dunes Rec Area on the coast around Coos Bay. Both are very fun places. Christmas Valley is desolate. There is nothing very close there; but that also keeps the crowds away. Oregon Dunes on the Coast is a VERY awsome place to ride with MILES of sand to rip through. I hope in the future they will open more areas. I have to drive 90 minutes to get to Christmas Valley; and 6 hours to get to the Coast. All I keep hearing however is that with time it will become MORE restricted!

That does remind me of one time; my wife and i went up into the Cascade Range and found an area where we saw some Jeeps in the "snow park" parking lot. I asked one of the guys if it was legal to ride there. He told me it was; and that it was a 5 mile loop. So I unloaded the Trooper and we took off on the trail. Within a 100 yards or so; it started getting rocky; and the rocks got bigger and bigger. It was a trail; but pretty difficult and steep. We went in about a mile; and i turned around because it was all "Lava" flow; and some of the edges were really sharp. Here's the area in this picture. I wanna say also that I LOVE that the Trooper is EFI. We were at about 7500 feet elevation. My Honda Rincon would barely even run at that altitude; but the Trooper ran fine.

post-209-1235759140_thumb.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By NicholasNWM09
      Hello Everyone,
      COOL NEW Product Alert! 
      A company called NEW Wire Marine or NEW Wire has Badass custom panels for UTV, Buggy/Hunting trucks. From Fully wired switch panels with laser etched rockers with backlights in 5 different colors, to just parts like voltmeters, phone, USB and 12 v chargers. Rockers can be printed, or custom laser etched rockers and they even have sleek labeled pushbuttons. They are a first-class company with a great knowledgeable staff and outstanding customer service. Switches are based on 12v or 24v circuits and they also have marine grade wire and connectors, which is perfect for waterproofing your system!
      Go check them out!
      Check out the websites : https://newwiremarine.com/ and https://rockerswitchpros.com

• By NicholasNWM09
      Hello Everyone, COOL NEW Product Alert! A company called NEW Wire Marine or NEW Wire has Badass custom panels for UTV, Buggy/Hunting trucks. From Fully wired switch panels with laser etched rockers with backlights in 5 different colors, to just parts like voltmeters, phone, USB and 12 v chargers. Rockers can be printed, or custom laser etched rockers and they even have sleek labeled pushbuttons. They are a first-class company with a great knowledgeable staff and outstanding customer service. Switches are based on 12v or 24v circuits and they also have marine grade wire and connectors, which is perfect for waterproofing your system! Go check them out!!!Honda - xxxx - UTV Pioneer - xx'.pdf
    • By fishhouse3
      FOR SALE: 2021 CFMOTO ZForce 800 Trail with many extras and full warranty until 2027. Only 625 miles and 50 hours of use.
      In great condition, has a clean title and one adult owner. Has had all scheduled regular maintenance and has not been abused. Only used about six times on weekend trips to Hatfield-McCoy trails in WV.
      Under full CFMOTO Care bumper-to-bumper extended warranty until 8/2027 (paid $1,600). Full service and tune up just completed with new clutch, drive shaft, belt, rollers, etc (paid $1500). Plus it comes with over $3,500 in upgrades and accessories! Way too many included items to list here (see last pics for full details).
      This machine is ready to go and needs nothing - just hop in and hit the trails!  I have over $20k invested in this machine. Priced VERY fair to sell quick at less than half that!!!
      $9,999 WITHOUT warranty -OR- $10,999 WITH full extended warranty until 8/2027.
      Located in Chesterfield, VA 23832. Message me for more pics and info!

• By AL F
      CAN'T FIND ANYTHING UNDER 2005 THAT MATCHES  ARE THESE THE SAME   FUEL INJECTORS
    • By Scott Jackson
      What is the Bennche a off brand of?